Who We Are
War Room Sisters, Corp. (WRS) is a faith-based nonprofit organization based in Maryland, USA. WRS is dedicated to working with women to form a global collective of prayer warriors through mentorship, community service, and empowerment initiatives. To fulfill that mission, WRS seeks to provide spiritual education, community service, and empowerment initiatives to all women regardless of their background.
We are currently seeking a Board Member as part of our team of Directors responsible for overseeing the operations of WRS and providing strategic mission-based governance to the organization. The specific responsibilities of the Board Member include, but is not limited to:
General Leadership, Governance and Oversight
- Reviews outcomes and metrics created by WRS for evaluating the impact of the strategic plan, and regularly measure performance and effectiveness using those metrics;
- Reviews agenda and supporting materials prior to quarterly board meetings and regular committee meetings;
- Reviews and approves WRS annual budget and interim financial reports, audit reports, and material business decisions;
- Stays abreast of and meets all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, including compliance with all federal, state, and local laws; payment of Board dues; oversight of organization’s funds and operations;
- Contributes to an annual performance evaluation of the President;
- Assists in identifying and recruiting other Board Members;
- Partners with the President and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out;
- Serves on committees or short-term task forces for special assignments and initiatives;
- Represents WRS to stakeholders by acting as an ambassador for the organization; and
- Ensures WRS commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities WRS serves.
- Board Members will consider WRS a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts, in the form of Board dues, that reflect that priority. WRS can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals. WRS Board of Directors has implemented a $2,000 give-or-get expectation that each Board Member will contribute personally or closely assist the organization in acquiring through a fundraising campaign of their choice, design, and development.
- Board Members will serve a minimum three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly, and committee meetings will be held periodically in coordination with full board meetings. Maintaining good standing as a Board Member requires at least 50% (2/4) Board Meeting participation. Service on WRS Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual passionate about WRS’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in the faith-based nonprofit, business, government, philanthropy sector.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following personal and professional attributes:
- A commitment to and understanding of WRS target community, preferably based on experience.
- Great interpersonal skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of WRS constituents.
- Strong belief in WRS’ mission and culture, as evidenced by their commitment to the Great Commission per Matthew 28: 16-20.
- Ability to embody WRS’ values of Accessibility, Respect, Diversity, Learning, Possibility, Collaboration, Entrepreneurialism, and Results.