Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Senior PsychotherapistDepartment: Mental Health Services
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Psychotherapist/Clinical Social Worker is responsible for creating and overseeing an educational program in the clinic for Masters Level Interns and Bachelor level interns. The senior psychotherapist will provide individual and group supervision for the students. The Senior Psychotherapist will also carry a caseload of clients and provide individual, family and group counseling to clients. Responsibilities include on-call rotation, a few scheduled days with evening hours and participation in administrative/supervisor meetings.
· Provide individual, family, couples, and group psychotherapy and supportive to clients.
· Provide comprehensive assessment of all clients on caseload.
· Conduct treatment planning for all clients on caseload.
· Provide crisis intervention for all clients on caseload.
· Provide psycho-education to clients.
· Conduct outreach to clients in order to ensure their attendance at appointments.
· Complete all appropriate documentation for each client on caseload.
· Collaborate with other service providers to bring services to clients.
· Actively participate in supervision, clinical case conferences and educational seminars.
· Actively participate in professional development activities.
· Supervise a caseload of psychotherapists.
· Supervise social work interns
· Responsible for annual evaluations of staff supervised.
· Required to be part of the on-call rotation.
· Responsible for working some evening hours
· Maintain abreast to updates to standards, best practices and laws in consultation with Clinical Supervisor and Director.
· Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Degree requirements Masters in Social Work required.
· LCSW required.
· Minimum of 3 years post Master’s degree of progressive clinical experience in a multi-facility setting.
· Excellent computer skills and ability to learn data management systems.
· Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
· An appreciation for the needs of the East Harlem community and the importance of the social service work performed by Union Settlement.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, Salary Requirements, and 3 References to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Senior Psychotherapist in the subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and…