Building Changes seeks a Development Manager. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to implement fund development activities to ensure successful fundraising strategies to sustain Building Changes’ mission. This position reports to the Executive Director and will be located at our office in Seattle, though we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
Individuals identifying as Black, Indigenous, people of color, having lived experience with homelessness, and/or LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Building Changes
Communities thrive when people have safe and stable housing and can equitably access and use services.
Building Changes advances equitable responses to homelessness in Washington State, with a focus on children, youth, and families and the systems that serve them.
Racial Equity Statement
At Building Changes, we seek to hold ourselves accountable for addressing racism and discrimination. Black, Indigenous, and people of color disproportionately experience homelessness due to historical and systemic racism. We cannot address homelessness without addressing racism at its roots and the trauma it continues to perpetuate. We set universal goals to end homelessness and pursue targeted solutions to achieve these goals.
Our racial equity work does not stop there. We are committed to building an internal culture that challenges racism within our organization.
Building Changes’ work is grounded in these core values: Equity, People, Partnership, and Integrity.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
· Planning and Strategy
o Lead strategy for annual fund activities, including creating an annual work plan.
o Identify and develop additional opportunities for individuals and businesses to support Building Changes’ work.
· Donor Relations and Communications
o Lead implementation of annual appeal campaigns and other fundraising activities.
o Build and hold relationships with individual donors and corporate sponsors.
o Draft communications for donors, foundations, and corporate supporters.
o Deliver high-quality customer service for donors and corporate sponsors.
o Conduct research and prospecting for new sponsors and donors and giving potential among current sponsors and donors.
· Board Support
o Support the Development Committee, including agenda formation and collaboration with Chair and Executive Director.
o Support Board members to develop high-quality, effective events, as requested.
o Oversee Daily Receipts process for Development.
o Oversee and ensure quality in Salesforce data entry and donor correspondence.
o Create campaigns and reporting in Salesforce as needed.
o Monitor and regularly report on fundraising progress to Executive Director and Development Committee.
o Manage development budget.
· Other Duties
o Project manage and/or support the production of effective events agency-wide, as assigned, including, for example, a content briefing for funders.
o Ensure development efforts reflect Building Changes’ commitment to promote racial equity, social justice, and inclusion and our approach to work encompassing implementation, research, and advocacy.
o Represent Building Changes in a professional manner to community partners and the broader public.
o Learn about and promote racial equity, social justice, and inclusion within and outside of Building Changes.
The successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
· A minimum five years of experience in fund development. Desired experience fundraising for programmatic work, research, and/or policy advocacy. Knowledge of Washington State’s philanthropic community desired.
· Strategic thinker who is highly motivated, organized, creative, and flexible.
· High level of professionalism and interpersonal communication skills.
· Experience with donor database management. Salesforce experience a significant plus.
· Experience creating and sending mass email campaigns desired. Campaign Monitor experience a significant plus.
· Experience with communications and events desired.
· Ability to effectively communicate ideas and organizational achievements verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work with diverse individuals in a welcoming, culturally competent manner.
· Ability to project manage fundraising activities working with staff, Board members, and other volunteers.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
· Ability to work and manage projects independently, maintain self-motivation and persist in the face of challenges.
· Ability to travel locally to meet with donors; valid driver’s license and ability to use personal car as needed.
*Note: In our effort to conduct an inclusive search for qualified candidates, this position does not require an advanced degree. Educational attainment will be considered along with other experience.
Salary range for this position is $65,000 to $75,000. We offer excellent health, time off, retirement and other benefits.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter with the subject line: Development Manager.
Building Changes is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong organizational commitment to building a diverse workforce.
Building Changes seeks a Development Manager. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to implement fund development activities to ensure successful fundraising…