345 East 15th Street
Overview: University Settlement is one of New York City's most dynamic social justice institutions, with an impressive legacy as the first settlement house in the nation. For 130 years, University Settlement has been an anchor in the low-income and immigrant communities where we work, offering pioneering programs in early childhood care and education, youth development, eviction prevention, literacy, theater and visual arts, senior services, and mental health. Each year, we engage over 40,000 New Yorkers through our network of 31 sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Our mission is to empower the individuals we serve through comprehensive, quality services that strengthen families and meet the current needs of the community.
The Settlement operates after-school programs for elementary and middle school children at several sites in Brooklyn and Manhattan. These programs provide academic support; artistic, athletic, cultural, and athletic enrichment; therapeutic services; and opportunities for family involvement. They serve approximately 1,000 children from kindergarten through 8th grade, after school and during school vacations, and approximately 500 children in summer day camps.
- Monitor daily paper attendance and input attendance into DYCD Connect
- Input participant applications in DYCD Connect
- Assist Site Manager in organizing, maintaining, and distributing program supplies to group leaders
- Be a support system to the group leaders/asst group leaders when Site Manager is off-site
- Assist with general administrative tasks as assigned by Site Manager
- Complete other relevant duties such as placing program supply orders and planning events and field trips assigned Site Manager
- High School diploma or HSE required
- Must be computer literate
- Must have experience in an administrative capacity (experience in a youth development program, a plus)
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
Hours: Up to 25 hours a week
Minimum Education Required