26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking four Adult Role Models (ARM) to join our Education and Training Team. The goal of the Adult Role Models Program is to help parents speak more comfortably and effectively with their children about sexuality and to build stronger relationships with their children. ARMs are parents and caring adults trained by Planned Parenthood of NYC (PPNYC) to facilitate workshops to help other parents talk with their children about sexuality. ARMs will receive comprehensive training on sexuality and facilitation skills from PPNYC staff. The Adult Role Models are based at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, New York 10012, but will travel through NYC to facilitate workshops and/or attend community events.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Adult Role Models (ARM) does:
- ARMs conduct workshops and perform outreach for parents in various communities throughout NYC on how to talk to their children about sexuality
- ARMs participate in additional agency activities that promote parent-child communication, parent-child connectedness and parental monitoring
- ARMs will assist with basic program administration
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Resident of New York City and an ability to travel around NYC
- Ability to attend the scheduled ARM training (2-3 months long)
- Ability to make a commitment to the program for at least one year
- Commitment to promoting sexual and reproductive health in the community
- Supportive of Planned Parenthood of New York City’s mission
- Good communication skills, including oral and written
- Previous group facilitation experience is encouraged but not required
- Bilingual; Spanish and English preferred
- Flexibility in work schedule a must; mornings, evenings, and weekends on occasion
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter through our organization's website. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.