Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Part-Time Staten Island Organizer to join our External Affairs team.
Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC) is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy for all New Yorkers. Serving nearly 60,000 patients annually, PPNYC’s health care centers in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island offer the full range of sexual and reproductive health services, including gynecological care, contraception, pregnancy testing, abortion, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, and HIV testing and counseling. We provide our patients with health care regardless of immigration status, income, or ability to pay. PPNYC has been here for more than 100 years and will be here for New Yorkers who need high-quality health care and information, no matter what. http://www.ppnyc.org
The Staten Island Organizer works within the PPNYC External Affairs Department to help build community power and provides tools for Staten Islanders to elevate their voices to advocate for sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice. This position supports activist and student-led outreach, capacity building events, trainings, and meetings, as well as supports PPNYC’s advocacy actions, voter registration drives, and coalition work with a goal of expanding and strengthening PPNYC’s activist and supporter base and deepening relationships with organizational partners on Staten Island.
- Support PPNYC Action Fund activists programs and activities for supporters, volunteers, patients and youth leaders on Staten Island, including recruitment, training content and logistics, and both meeting and training facilitation.
- Attend and provide support during evening and weekend capacity building activities
- Assist with weekly communication to our Staten Island activist and student leader base through Mailchimp
- Help lead recruitment and logistics coordination for Staten Island based organizing events, meetings, and trainings
- Promote and attend community partner and coalition events
- Lead tabling, including voter registration shifts, alongside activists and community volunteers
- Commitment to and strong interest in sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice
- Must be a Staten Island community member
- Ability to work at least 10-15 hours a week at $20 per hour with some weekend and evening hours required
- Requires at least 1 year of experience and success in campus/community organizing, grassroots issue or advocacy campaigns, and/or electoral campaigns.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and organizational skills; and the ability to set and meet clear goals.
- Experience with meeting and training facilitation a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.