88 Broad St
Executive Assistant to the CEO
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Join us as we build a future that works. www.jff.org.
About the Position
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the CEO will have responsibility for deliverables specific to the executive office as well as the organization at large. Supporting and partnering directly with the President & CEO, this role will collaborate primarily with members of the executive suite as well as other stakeholders to ensure the efficient implementation of administrative and operational initiatives.
The EA will primarily manage the executive office function; this includes handling the administrative needs of the executive office, Board of Directors and JFF’s internal Executive and Leadership Teams. The EA will be a strategic partner to the CEO which will require management of the CEO’s time and calendar as well as forward thinking abilities and skill at anticipating needs.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the President & CEO as first responder for the executive office, with the ability to act appropriately on his/her behalf, respond to requests in a timely fashion and prioritize competing demands
- Manage the demands and time of the executive office by reading, researching, and routing correspondence and other materials appropriately; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Manage and maintain the President & CEO’s calendar and complex schedule. Schedule internal and external meetings, conferences, telecommunications and travel. Special emphasis on organizing and ensuring travel is efficiently and effectively planned and monitored
- Provide strategic advice to stakeholders to assist in the streamlining of all administrative processes
- Manage administrative projects and internal events effectively according to timeline and budget
- Serve as liaison with the Board of Directors; organize Board meetings, Committee meetings, prepare meeting materials including Board books, coordinate Board travel, and draft correspondence to Board members. Track deliverables and action items from the Board meetings for President & CEO. Provide support to Board Chair as needed
- Prepare wide range of presentations for internal and external use
- Hold self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective deliverables
- Maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion with information at highest levels
- Represent the Executive Office both internally and externally and interact with staff at all levels with a high level of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 7 years of experience in related fields
- Demonstrated evidence of success in working directly with senior-level executives and decision-makers; and managing disparate priorities among several internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences
- Excellent MS Office and web research skills, ability to quickly learn new technologies and programs (e.g., Salesforce)
- Demonstrated ability and temperament to work with sensitive, confidential and sensitive information
- Upbeat, positive, flexible availability, respectful of diversity
- Supervisory experience preferred
Commensurate with experience.
Visit our careers page to apply with your resume, cover letter. (Please don’t forget the cover letter, we are excited to learn more about you!) Our team will review applicants and contact qualified candidates to share more about the job.
This is an incredible time to join JFF which celebrates 35 years this year and offers the best of an established and an entrepreneurial organization.
Some perks include:
- Retirement matching AND contribution
- Health care paid at 90%
- Tuition reimbursement & professional growth opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
Thanks for your interest in JFF!
Jobs for the Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce: diverse candidates, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required