Details: Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Position /Title: Program Manager
About Public Allies:
Public Allies’ mission is to create a more just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it. We are motivated by our conviction that everyone can lead, and that lasting social change results when citizens of all backgrounds step up, take responsibility, and work together. Public Allies is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Since its inception in 1992, Public Allies has graduated more than 5,000 Allies from its signature model designed to expand the capacity of local nonprofits and to promote emerging leaders in the sector.
About Public Allies Connecticut:
Launched in 2004, Public Allies Connecticut has placed over 300 AmeriCorps members at more than 150 nonprofit organizations in Connecticut, where they have helped to create, improve, and expand services to meet local needs. Public Allies Connecticut is affiliated with RYASAP, Inc. an urban/suburban collaborative for solving community problems throughout the state.
Public Allies CT seeks a dynamic, energetic, solutions-minded professional with a passion for working with emerging leaders and supporting capacity building initiatives within the nonprofit sector. We seek a candidate who is able to support the growth and development of civic leaders by providing individual and group support, designing and facilitating experiential-based learning opportunities, and by expanding career and educational networks for emerging leaders. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a diverse set of responsibilities, including recruitment, selection, and management of Allies and partnering nonprofit organizations; curriculum development, data management and reporting; public relations, marketing, and general liaison functions. The Program Manager is an essential part of the Public Allies CT’s management team. The management team is responsible for all aspects of ally management, leadership development curriculum, program quality, and future growth of the Public Allies program in CT.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Minimum of 2 years of management and/or project and event coordination experience in results driven organization/s
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work with both individuals and groups in an educational/learning environment
· Project management skills and supervision of teams or volunteers
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present and to facilitate discussions with diverse audiences
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google-based applications, social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter)
· Ability to coach members toward skill development, self-awareness, and personal growth
· Sense of humor and ability to contribute to a positive and welcoming work environment
· Out-going, flexible, open-minded, friendly and positive with strong communication and follow-up skills
· Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn and grow through coaching and feedback
· Prior experience with college access and/ or workforce development is preferred
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, efforts, requirements or expectations of this position.
Public Allies Connecticut/RYASAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Public Allies Connecticut offers a full and competitive benefits package; including generous paid time off, 11 paid holidays, 403(b) retirement savings, and comprehensive health insurance, and room to grow!
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Lindsey Tengatenga, Executive Director by April 23rd, 2018.