<img src="https://yearup.csod.com/clientimg/yearup/logo/Logo1_b83bc4cb-f7dd-4271-be37-ac91ff1eb156.gif" alt=""/>
Title: Associate Director of Recruitment (Phoenix, AZ)
Office: PTC Phoenix
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Career Stage: Associate Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The Associate Director of Recruitment (Phoenix, AZ) reports directly to the Regional Director of Recruitment and Admissions and leads the strategy and execution of local recruitment efforts, with the goal of creating a robust pipeline of young adults who are ready, interested in, and the right fit for Year Up's programs. The Associate Director of Recruitment (Phoenix, AZ) is responsible for developing and building relationships with feeder organizations throughout the local market and with our community college partner to recruit interested young adults every six months. The Associate Director of Recruitment (Phoenix, AZ) will support the creation of processes, practices and trainings to ensure recruitment targets are met each cycle. You will also oversee the Recruitment team, work closely with other site teams to guarantee high quality outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will be a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and who is passionate about motivating a diverse team to achieve ambitious goals. You will be strategic, results-oriented, relationship driven, and analytical in order to optimize quality and drive results. You will tactfully navigate building relationships with a wide range of community-based organizations and with our established community college partner. As the leader of a site team, you will employ superior communication and relationship building skills to enhance Year Up's programmatic success through efficient and effective team operations, community relationships, and other internal and external partnerships.
The Associate Director of Recruitment (Phoenix, AZ) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Cultivate and manage existing community and college partnerships with the goal of expanding the reach of the regional recruitment team; model best-practice relationship building
- Execute a regional strategy to target recruitment efforts, cultivate existing community partnerships, establish new partnerships to diversify recruitment pool, ensure a robust recruitment pipeline, and foster Year Up's recognition in the community.
- Proactively develop and execute multiple outreach channels including social media, networking events, and presentations with community partners to ensure diversity in the candidate pool
- Cultivate and expand existing community relationships and establish new partnerships
- Provide support to staff as they work with students who need social work support identified through the admissions process or in the course of their involvement in the Year Up program
- Other duties as assigned
Data and Performance Management
- Work with team leadership to create recruitment goals and develop engagement strategies through use of historical data
- Use real-time data to report on progress towards goals, provide an ongoing assessment of recruitment activities (i.e. conversion of prospects and ROI for activities), and course correct recruitment activities and strategy as necessary
- Manage Salesforce.com platform to track and interpret analytics regarding pipeline development
Leadership and People Development
- Support cross-departmental and cross-site collaboration with leadership team to ensure programmatic outcomes are met and systems for best practice sharing are created and managed effectively
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, training, management and development of Recruitment team
- Embody a "servant leadership" style to empower the strengths of all team members and flex individual style to most effectively lead, coach, mentor and manage team members in a collaborative, team-based environment
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a coach/mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- Minimum of 4-5 years of work experience in a high growth-organization
- Experience developing and implementing significant strategic relationships and/or client management experience; excellent executive presence and client building skills, with focus on details and follow through
- Intimate structural understanding of the higher-education system and an ability to navigate within a community college
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate a wide variety of people; intuitive, empathic communicator who can quickly build rapport, trust, and credibility
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and persistent with demonstrated success managing and inspiring individuals and teams toward ambitious, measurable results
- Strategic thinker with a clear understanding and comfort with data and how it informs programming and performance; one who can recognize trends, analyze data, and drive strategic recommendations
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required