7330 Macarthur Boulevard
Adventure Theatre MTC (ATMTC) celebrates the glorious richness of our world by cultivating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity as they inspire the creativity that nurtures great art, artists, and audiences.
Adventure Theatre MTC (ATMTC) is the longest running theater for young audiences in the Washington DC Metro area. ATMTC is known for its excellent programming for young people as well as an elite training academy for aspiring musical theater artists in the area. ATMTC is founded on the belief that young people are the future of theater and great experiences and training will educate and inspire next generation of artists and audiences.
The Production Stage Manager (PSM) of Adventure Theatre MTC serves as the Resident Stage Manager for all five (5) professional Productions. In addition, the PSM assist the DOP in executing the Artistic Director and Director of Educations’ visions for theatrical programming and Student productions. To achieve this, the PSM assists the DOP in ensuring that each production remains within the available resources of time, budget and personnel.
General work hours are based around the performance calendar with additional office hours during the week to fulfill the obligations of the position.
The PSM reports to the Director of Production (DOP) and supervises the Assistant Stage Manager and Show Crew.
Resident Stage Manager
· Stage Manage all 5 Professional Productions including but not limited to:
o Facilitate all rehearsals and performances;
o Manage the Production Prep Week;
o Attend all production meetings and records production meeting minutes to send to full production team;
o Ensure all show information is up to date and accurate including but not limited to contact sheet, show calendar, Conflict calendar, props list, run List, character scene, emergency contact info, calling script, call board, and Scripts.
o Send out a rehearsal/Performance reports/Schedules within 2 hours after the end of rehearsal/Final Performance of the day;
o Call in understudies for performances as needed.
o Call each performance while running lights, audio and/or projections as needed.
· Supervise the Assistant Stage Manager and crew.
· Manage Production payroll, invoices, and submit payment requests;
· Maintain the company calendars and facilitate bi-weekly meeting to coordinate inter-department schedule;
· Assist DOP in executing contracts for directors, designers, stage managers, and tech contractors for all professional productions and academy programming;
· Participate in regular production meetings for all productions;
· Support the DOE & DOP in managing the production budgets;
· Support the Development Department in executing special events and galas.
· Provide development with information necessary for the preparation of grant/funding applications.
· Assist DOP with casting, as needed.
· Assist DOP with managing Facility Management, as needed.
· Other duties as assigned by the DOP.
· Successful record of leading a driven team;
· Demonstrated positive attitude and self-directed with a strong work ethic;
· Three to Four (3- 4) years’ professional stage management experience;
· Demonstrated knowledge of production and design of stagecraft, sound, lights, costumes, and props projections and videography;
· Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations;
· Excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to work in a team environment;
· Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously;
· Demonstrated attention to detail;
· Proficiency of MS Office Suite software;
· Valid driver’s license;
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
· CPR/First Aid certification (up to date and re-issued);
· Clearance to work with minor children via Federal and State Background Check;
· Demonstrated ability in Budget Management;
· Familiarity with AEA, USA, and SDC contracts and regulations a plus; and
· Bachelor’s Degree in theatre preferred.
This is a full-time salaried position with full benefits.
Highlights of our benefits include:
· 100% Individual Health Care Premium
· 100% Individual Dental & Vision
· 403 b Match
· Unlimited Leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Adventure Theatre MTC, 7300 MacArthur Boulevard, Glen Echo, MD 20812, Attn: Production Stage Manager Search or email email@example.com with the subject line Production Search. No phone calls please. ATMTC is an EOE.