Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
42-40 Bell Boulevard
About the TAA:
Founded in 1972, the TAA is dedicated to making life better for all individuals affected by Tourette and Tic Disorders. The premier nationwide organization serving this community, the Association works to raise awareness, advance research and provide on-going support. The TAA directs a network of 32 Chapters and 80+ support groups across the country. The TAA also recognizes 9 Centers of Excellence, across 16 institutions nationwide.
The Manager, Information and Referral Services reports to the Vice President of Research and Medical Programs and is the first point of contact at the TAA for patients, families, caregivers, and other individuals interested in accessing information on Tourette Syndrome and related disorders. This is a public facing position within the organization and excellent interpersonal skills are a must. Specifically, this position is expected to perform the duties outlined below.
- Handle all complex inquiries via incoming calls, emails, social media and letters from individuals with Tourette or other Tic disorders seeking information and assistance or sometimes in crisis.
- Interview inquirers to get a clear understanding of their needs and provide detailed and specific information, including both private and public resources, according to their needs.
- Possess the ability to respond calmly, appropriately and accurately to cultural, ethnic, religious and personal differences, which might be present in the service population, especially those in a crisis.
- Maintain accurate statistical reporting. Recognize and report key themes, patterns, and issues coming from inquirers. Compile and manage a database of all contacts, resources and networks including telephone numbers, addresses, Facebook, Twitter and emails available to people who contact the Tourette Association.
- Analyze data in the Information and Referral database to create various reports for other staff and departments. Work collaboratively within the organization to demonstrate impact of our information and referral services
- Collaborate and assist other TAA and Chapter network staff with projects and special assignments to ensure that all of the latest trends, concerns or developments are incorporated into publications and protocols.
- Track gaps in the services and information TAA provides and work on creating information and programs in collaboration with Research and Medical department staff such as resource materials, webinars, blog posts, and other communications.
- Ensure website content and print publications are up to date and accurate
- Work directly with VP of Research and Medical and TAA’s Medical Advisory Board, Scientific Advisory Board, Education Advisory Board, and Centers of Excellence to get the most up to date medical and educational information to respond to inquiries and develop programs
- Develop plans to recruit volunteers and institute a help-line to expand TAA’s support services during peak and off-hours
- Supervise volunteers and partnering/sponsoring agencies and develop training materials for TAA chapters/volunteers to provide high quality information and referral services for TS
- Help develop agenda and materials for TAA’s biannual National Conference. Assist in conference planning and execution.
- Participate in general Association events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or related field.
- Experience working in a call center and/or working with individuals with disabilities or special health care needs required.
- Excellent reporting, oral communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite, including Microsoft Access. Database management skills preferred
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative team player
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Flexibility to travel and work outside of normal hours is needed
Full benefits offered, including health, vision, and dental insurance, and 403b retirement account
Level of Language Proficiency
English required, Spanish bi-lingual a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing relevant experience and salary requirements at https://tourette.org/about-us/careers/