Since 1892, Jewish Family Service has been an outstretched, helping hand in our local Puget Sound community. Essential services are delivered with compassion and respect to offer vulnerable people in our region the tools they need to build healthier, more stable lives. For more information about JFS, please visit www.jfsseattle.org.
We are currently seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Director of Supportive Living Services. This central role in our organization will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the various programs that are offered by our Supportive Living Services (SLS) while managing annual operating budget. Supportive Living Services provides skilled, compassionate, supportive living services for people with developmental disabilities, persistent mental illness and brain injuries.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent balance of administrative and financial experience along with direct client care and staff development experience. They will work closely with Case Managers and Client Services Managers to offer guidance and coaching in order to ensure quality of services.
- Ensures that the program meets all requirements for licensure as an in-home service provider in the State of Washington.
- Participates in board meetings and prepares regular reports for the Board.
- Administers a financial aid fund, ensuring that the process for applying for aid is fair and transparent.
- Responsible for the intake of all new clients, ensures they are able to benefit from the services for which they are applying, and will assign a Case Manager to coordinate each client’s case.
- Ensures each client enrolled in Supportive Living Services has a current Case Management and Support Plan (CMSP) setting forth the specific supports which will be provided by the agency.
- Monitors the financial performance of the Supportive Living Services during the fiscal year and ensures it remains within budgetary parameters.
- Maintains consistent and open communication with families, guardians and other professional care providers.
- Responds to emergency calls from clients or direct care staff (this responsibility will be rotated with other staff) outside working hours.
- Partners with the Client Services Manager (CSM) to hire Case Managers and Instruction and Support Specialists and participates in the orientation of new staff members.
- Conducts individual supervisory meetings with the Client Services Manager and with case management staff.
- Leads regular staff meetings for the SLS department and will prepare an agenda and preside over such meetings.
- Provides case management services to a limited number of clients who would benefit from his or her expertise.
- Develops a plan to raise the visibility of the Supportive Living Services and markets services provided by the organization; takes lead role in implementing this plan.
- Works in conjunction with Data Services to track client services and implement client outcome measurement.
- Offers in-service training and teaches work-related classes to Supportive Living Services and other Jewish Family Service (JFS) staff members.
- Periodically performs such other tasks as may be requested by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Master’s Degree in social work, behavioral science or related field.
- LCSW, LMHC, and/or familiarity with Washington State licensing for home care preferred
- 3+ years of successfully demonstrated management experience, preferably in a social services setting.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct services in a social service setting with adults who have functional or cognitive disabilities or senior adults required.
- Demonstrated effective client assessment skills and the ability to work with individuals and families in crisis.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Familiarity with local community resources and systems in social service support programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A mission-driven desire to work in a human services environment, strong commitment to teamwork and a customer service orientation.
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
Mission: JFS helps vulnerable individuals and families in the Puget Sound region achieve well-being, health and stability.
Approach: Jewish history and values guide our work; therefore, we provide effective services to people of all backgrounds and also have a responsibility to meet the particular needs of Jewish individuals and families in the region.
Values: Client-Centered | Integrity | Learning Community | Quality | Trust & Respect
Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.