Assistant Controller – JASA Services and Operations
- Job posted by Jewish Association Serving the Aging
247 West 37th Street
Under supervision of the Controller (and working in close co-ordination with the Director of Finance), the Assistant Controller will ensure coordination of the financial closing process and support the budget and audit process as appropriate. Manage the day-to-day work flow of the unit. Ensure accurate and efficient financial operations to provide timely and transparent information to Agency stakeholder. Supervise a team of 4 professionals in areas of housing and social services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish and maintain controls to ensure the integrity of all systems, processes and data analysis.
· Supports the Controller and provides key support in the financial analysis and cash management of the JASA services operations.
· Streamline and monitor the closing process
· Assist and support the AP function with review, coding, and analysis.
· Independently assist with several components of the annual independent and program audits.
· Oversee the reconciliation of fundraising and accounting systems, developing and facilitating an automated workflow.
· Work closely with the Director of Finance on special projects, analysis and reporting as needed.
· Work closely with the Director of Budgets and Financial Reporting to support the preparation of the annual agency-wide budget. ·
· Work with program staff to support the preparation of new RFP budgets and protocols.
· Assist in the implementation of internal controls and financial policies and procedures · Identify and drive process improvements that lead to greater workflow efficiency
· Perform other duties as required
- Financial analysis and sound working knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles.
- Strong supervisory skills (should have managed a team of more than 3 individuals for 5 years or more).
- Should have worked in a complex largely governmentally funded non-profit, in an independent managerial position.
- Must be strong at multi-tasking, prioritizing and have demonstrated expertise in proactively working on projects of wide scope and significant magnitude.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and familiarity with other Microsoft applications including Powerpoint, Word and Visio.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication
· Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software
· Ability to read, write, speak, understand English.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in accounting/finance with three years of complex non-profit supervisory experience.
· Bachelor’s degree required. CPA or MBA desirable.
· Prior supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of best practices in fiscal management.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.