1111 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Business Project Manager
Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn, and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work is anchored by three pillars: transforming hiring practices, expanding learning pathways, and pioneering talent financing. With these three pillars, Opportunity@Work and our partners will equip Americans currently overlooked by today’s labor market practices to build, to demonstrate, and to be hired based on their skills into well-paid, in-demand jobs and careers across the country. In a fast-paced and ever-changing world, we are working to ensure that the labor market works for all Americans. We build partnerships with employers, community organizations, civic leadership to create pathways to meaningful jobs and fulfilling careers.
About the Role:
Opportunity@Work is looking to hire an outstanding professional with strong interest in the intersection of social entrepreneurship, finance, education and training, and workforce development. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment and support and work closely with Opportunity@Work’s Leadership Team. The Business Project Manager role is an excellent opportunity for individuals with strong problem-solving skills, initiative, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks and the desire to use his or her professional skills to contribute to social impact at scale.
We are building an inclusive hiring marketplace, an environment that will make it easier for job seekers to connect to training and to jobs that use their skills; for employers to consider and hire nontraditional talent; and for other ecosystem stakeholders to scale their services to benefit job seekers. The Business Project Manager will initiate and develop relationships with people across companies (including in tech, finance, and other sectors), institutions. and other nonprofit organizations to contribute to our inclusive hiring marketplace and create access to career-path jobs for all Americans. This position will report to the VP of Hiring Solutions.
As part of our inclusive hiring marketplace, Opportunity@Work is working to transform the way training and education are financed in America. The Business Project Manager will have a unique opportunity to build and develop partnerships with financial companies and institutions to pioneer and scale new talent financing mechanisms.
The Business Project Manager role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong partnership building capabilities, communication, analytic and creative abilities and a strong desire to use his/her professional skills to contribute to an organization seeking to shift the nature of workforce development. This individual will have visibility across a wide and growing landscape of education and training providers, forward-thinking employers, and civic organizations. The individual will have the opportunity to develop deep sector knowledge and build relationships with organizations working across labor market issues and innovation in higher education and workforce development.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct research, interviews, and analyses (including financial, industry, policy, and business model analyses) proactively on the landscape of potential partnerships, including but not limited to financial companies; prepare reports to present key takeaways.
- Gather and synthesize key learnings from partnerships to inform future partnership development, creating the case for the partnership and including analyses necessary to make the case.
- Work with Communications teams to develop clear, compelling materials to ensure stakeholder alignment and buy-in.
- Perform due diligence on prospect companies, and define preliminary opportunities to collaborate with employer partners to build an inclusive hiring marketplace.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships with financial and other companies, serving as a main point of contact to drive outcomes for partners and Opportunity@Work.
- Prioritize and assess a range of innovative partnership models to manage and drive an incoming pipeline of proposals from companies.
- Work with internal partners in Product, Technology, Talent Equity, and Customer Success to ensure that company partnerships deliver on expectations and commitments.
Solutions and Innovation Development and Support:
- Represent voice of current and potential financial partners in working with O@W team to design and implement innovative financing mechanisms that allow low income and underrepresented talent to acquire skills and get placed into middle-class, career-path jobs.
A successful candidate will exhibit the competencies for and excitement about working on a fast-paced team to develop strategy and partnerships that allow Opportunity@Work to execute on its strategic vision. This includes:
- Ability to work collaboratively, in a fast-paced, high-volume, results-oriented environment.
- Talent for building and managing strong relationships that achieve outcomes, and enjoy engaging with people.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively, work independently, take initiative and solve problems.
- Deep interest and investment in the Opportunity@Work mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
We look for evidence of your ability to communicate complex ideas in straightforward, intuitive ways, so please include at least one writing sample, presentation, or example of any other previous work that may be relevant to this position. Submit (1) a cover letter, (2) your resume, and (3) one writing sample or presentation you have created. Candidates without all three items in their submission will not be considered. Please submit your application with the subject line “Business Project Manager” to email@example.com.
You may also mail your application to:
1111 19th Street NW, Suite 1180
Washington, DC 20036
Attn: HR Generalist
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.<blockquote>Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination</blockquote>