Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
The Senior Enterprise Technology Architect is the technology lead in defining strategy using their expert technical knowledge. They set the direction and establishes the approach for integrating information application and programs. They help design and develop new, complex technology systems and solutions according to system requirements following TNC’s methodology and development best practices. They act a lead Architect on technology application maintenance projects related to application upgrades, conversions and modifications. They catalog, develops, coordinates, communicates, maintains, and enforces the overall Enterprise Architecture Models, Representations, Initiatives, Capabilities, and Standard Components used by the Enterprise to perform all business and technology related activities. They act as project lead on complex and loosely defined projects. They analyze changing business and market circumstanced and industry trends to evaluate alternatives and develop/implement solutions in response to changing business and market circumstances.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Analyze and document end-user and technology-user business requirements for technology projects with wide range of complexity at varying levels of impact on organization-wide initiatives.
- Design and develop new, complex technology systems and solutions according to system requirements following TNC methodology and development best practices.
- Act as lead technologist on technology application maintenance projects related to application upgrades, conversions, and modifications. Performs tasks assigned as required to complete project including design, development, running specific programs, generating reports, and analyzing results.
- Definition, implementation, and execution of the processes and conformance management of the Enterprise Architecture.
- Update and maintenance of the key Enterprise Architecture deliverables.
- Establishment and maintenance of contacts within business units and information system programs to understand business activities and business drivers, business requirements, solutions strategies and alternatives, etc. being considered and/or implemented.
- Architecture leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues.
- Ongoing communication of the Enterprise Architecture both within the information community and the business units.
- Ongoing research and assessment of new analysis and approaches for potential use of the Enterprise architecture.
- Develop increasing expertise in key technologies, such as Business Intelligence, OLAP, Advanced Analytics, Data Warehouse/Mart.
- Act as Project Lead on complex and loosely defined projects. Develop accurate project plans with realistic estimations and provide technical expertise to team members and users to help resolve complex project-related problems.
- Analyze changing business and market circumstances and industry trends to evaluate alternatives and develop/implement solutions in response to changing business and market circumstances. Re-engineer TNC business practices as necessary. Administrative responsibilities include customer management.
- Assist technical support staff, Business Support Center staff, Project Managers, and users as needed by providing support for applications including diagnosing complex problems requiring extensive analysis and troubleshooting. Design and implement solutions for corrective action in consultation with user community and IT support group.
- Assist with the development of data standards in compliance with IT best practices that will facilitate integration between systems within IT and its external partners.
- May act as lead member of a Center of Excellence to acquire, maintain, expand, and convey knowledge of relevant technologies and businesses supported and serve as a mentor to other team members.
- Attend and possibly conduct training classes to maintain knowledge base of current technology. Review technical publications on pertinent topics.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of experience in Information Technology field with 7 years of recent relevant experience with full life-cycle technology application development.
- Demonstrated professional competence in the principles and practices of Enterprise Architecture including Cloud architectures.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Experience with the Enterprise/Solution/Technical architecture framework/practices, database concept, application and/or programming tool set.
- Advanced experience with the systems life cycle, project management principles and web-based programming best practices and concepts.
- Experience analyzing highly complex system-wide technical specifications and interfaces, debugging applications programs, and producing user and technical documentation.
How to Apply
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Search for job ID# 49573 in the keyword search. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!