Please Note: To be considered, we would like all candidates to include a cover letter with your application!
The Employment Social Practitioner is responsible for utilizing all the elements of social practice to support members in their employment goals and recovery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize all elements of Social Practice (member engagement, social design, relationship development, continuous assessment and therapeutic intervention and management of transitional environments) in order to guide members toward the appropriate employment path
- Utilize the community to design positive interventions to address barriers to employment
- Have a working knowledge of all of Fountain House’s employment opportunities (transitional employment, supported employment, independent employment, careers) and be able to connect members with the appropriate contact(s) for each potential path
- Develop relationships with Fountain House members and the community as a whole that can be leveraged to: provide support for positive change and risk-taking; combat social isolation and increase meaningful connections, and introduce members to new opportunities
- Help to engineer and onboard new job placements to create rehabilitative environments for members
- Observe and assess experiences with members in a variety of environments in order to create specific interventions for individuals’ rehabilitation
- Act as a liaison between the units of Fountain House and the Employment Resource Center to create employment plans that utilize the work of the units to support members in their employment goals
- Serve as a job coach at one or more employment placements
- Manages a caseload of up to 20 members who are working on employment goals. Responsible for documentation of interventions
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stake-holders
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team of staff and members and to conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to effectively handle crises in a supportive and professional way based on training and standard accepted practices
- Must be able to serve as a job coach at a variety of job placements, including jobs that require extensive standing, walking and/or lifting both indoors and outdoors
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Driver’s License and the ability to drive a van preferred
- Experience working with individuals with serious mental illness and or/hands on experience working in a community setting.
- Previous experience with varied employment types preferred, including retail and physical labor experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to stand for long period of times up to (4) hours or more.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.