16 Clarkson Street #401
EDUCATIONAL VIDEO CENTER - DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
EVC is seeking an exceptional fulltime Development Manager to drive all fundraising efforts for the organization including grant writing, grants management, donor prospecting and cultivation, major gifts, corporate giving, and event planning with a focus on diversifying EVC’s funding streams and maintaining fiscal stability. Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Manager will develop and implement strategies to secure new funding from foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals in order to sustain and expand all programs.
The Educational Video Center (www.evc.org) is an award-winning non-profit youth media organization dedicated to teaching documentary video as a means to develop the artistic, critical literacy, and career skills of young people, while nurturing their idealism and commitment to social change. Founded in 1984, EVC has evolved from a single video workshop for teenagers from Manhattan's Lower East Side to become an award winning, internationally acclaimed leader in youth media education. By partnering with New York City’s media artists and schools, EVC uses filmmaking to help youth document their social conditions, explore their questions and ideas, and amplify their voices to inspire change in their schools and communities, providing the highest quality media arts access to emerging artists from our city’s most historically marginalized communities.
The Development Manager will
- Execute an annual fundraising strategy with ambitious growth in donations from new institutional funders and individual giving
- Research, develop, and write proposals to multiple potential funding audiences, including foundations, corporate donors, individual donors, and government grant programs
- Manage the organization’s existing portfolio of grants, and will ensure the proper implementation and administration of grants and compliance with grant requirements.
- Use grants management system to track submissions, awards, and reporting and maintain the calendar of grant proposal and report deadlines
- Utilize feedback and research to continuously improve the quality of proposals and reports
- Craft compelling narratives across multiple platforms that present EVC programs to a wide range of audiences and potential funders
- Identify, initiate contact with, develop, cultivate and steward fundraising prospects
- Process individual donor contributions, event sponsorships, grant payments, and related acknowledgements
- Manage Salesforce donor management database and perform data entry, as needed, to track all prospects, donors, and relationships
- Prepare well-conceived and well-written meeting briefings, strategy and deliverables documents, proposals, and reports, working both independently and with colleagues
- Partner with Finance team on all budgeting, financial reporting and reconciling on a regular basis
- Recruit and manage Development Interns
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years’ experience with development/fundraising in the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated experience in successfully soliciting new donors
- Experienced non-profit grant writer and engaging storyteller
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- A passion for youth media and social justice, as well as a familiarity with current social, political, cultural, and environmental issues
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
EVC seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, EVC encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter detailing interest in and qualifications for position, and a relevant writing sample (i.e. LOI, funder proposal, appeal letter, eBlast etc.). Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Manager in the subject line. No telephone inquiries please.