The Senior Financial Analyst will implement key elements of Finance Program forecasting, financial analysis and reporting functions at Root Capital. S/he will maintain, develop, and enhance the Lending Models; lead the lending-related portion of dynamic planning for one or more of Root’s lending regions; maintain and develop the Loan Pricing Model; report on Root Capital’s financial and programmatic performance (including certain financial and lending-related covenants) to internal and external audiences. S/he will also conduct cross-department ad-hoc analysis and reporting on an as-needed basis.
Finance Program Analysis & Reporting (35%)
- Work with the Director of FP&A to manage and produce quarterly financial and lending compliance reporting for donors, investors, and internal audiences. Project future compliance metrics as annual and longer-term plans are refreshed. Identify current and potential areas of concern, proactively notifying senior managers and directors in Investor Relations and FP&A of the issues. Present current and future compliance metrics to senior management and internal and external audiences as appropriate.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly financial analysis on Finance Program performance, including analysis by loan portfolio and region.
- Prepare sections of the monthly Internal Performance Report, the Quarterly Performance Report, Board presentations, and other reports requested by the Director of FP&A.
- Work with the Director of FP&A and Investor Relations staff to produce customized financial and lending projections and analysis for existing and prospective supporters and partners.
Lending Projections (25%)
- Work with Director of FP&A to produce annual and long-term lending projections for the one or more of Root Capital’s lending regions on a semiannual-to-quarterly basis, working directly with senior Lending personnel. Potential for travel to certain field offices for dynamic planning events, training, and meetings.
- Coordinate with lending team and credit risk team to develop assumptions for origination volume as well as revenue and risk rates. Introduce those assumptions into the Adaptive Planning Lending Model.
- Assist with development of global lending and financial projections.
Lending Model Development, Maintenance, and Enhancement (25%)
- Ongoing maintenance, development, and enhancement of the lending model in Adaptive Planning.
- Coordination with Lending and IT to ensure loan pipeline information is being tracked and stored in Salesforce or other data systems with the required detail and quality to be incorporated into the Lending Model.
- Develop and implement new or refined model functionality working with the Director of FP&A, Senior Director of Finance & IT, and/or third-party consultants. Functionality may include, among others, new metrics, improved projections methodologies, and enhancements of automated data retrieval tools.
- Train FP&A (and other staff as necessary) in the use and functionality of the Lending Model.
Loan Pricing Model (5%)
- Ongoing development, stewardship, and documentation of Root’s Excel-based Loan Pricing Model, working in conjunction with colleagues from Risk, Lending, or other departments to continue to refine the accuracy and usability of Root’s model assessing the economics of our loans. The output of this model is used by the Credit Committee during the approval process for each and every loan application.
Other Projects & Ad-Hoc Analysis (10%)
- Other projects or ad-hoc analysis vetted by senior FP&A management. Projects and reporting may span departments and will likely include work requested by, and/or executed in conjunction with colleagues from departments including but not limited to Investor Relations, Risk, Lending, SKI (Strategy, Knowledge, and Innovation), Treasury, and Accounting.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the form on Root Capital's website.