Details: Commensurate w/ experience. Excellent benefits package.
108-25 62nd Drive
Borough of Queens
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
Queens Community House, Inc. is seeking a Director of Human Resources (DHR) to serve as an essential organizational leader whose primary role will be to oversee people operations, benefits and payroll functions. Leading a team of 4 staff, including the Payroll Manager and HR generalists/associates, the DHR is a member of the QCH Management Team. This individual must foster a high-performance management style focused on enhancing the organizational culture through improving professional development, employee relations strategies and succession planning. This individual must have an astute understanding of Federal, State and City regulations in order to provide expertise and guidance in the development, communication and implementation of related policies.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the DHR will have oversight of recruitment and talent management activities, employment policies and procedures, the employee life-cycle and experience, labor relations, performance appraisals, compensation, benefits and certain legal matters. The DHR will assist with strategic planning in conjunction with the mission, values and position of the Agency. The DHR will also oversee all payroll functions (ADP Workforce Now) for the Agency, providing review and oversight to ensure accuracy, timely submission and compliance with all Federal, State and City requirements.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all human resources and payroll functions and strategies, including employee and labor relations, compensation, benefits, talent development, strategic planning and compliance.
- Oversees Benefits administration, including assisting with plan design, implementation, annual open enrollment and wellness programming for our 403(b), health, dental, disability plans, etc. including working directly with benefit brokers and representatives to ensure plan integrity.
- Conducts investigations into discrimination, harassment, wage/hour, or other labor law complaints and grievances.
- Chairs the Agency’s safety and health accident prevention committee and manages Agency safe guards and oversight of outcomes.
- Forecasts and implements new/amended employer and workforce legislation, regulations and judicial laws, policies and guidelines. Keeps abreast of trends in the Human Resources field through involvement in professional associations, seminars, web-trainings and materials.
- Ensures the integrity of data, data management, employee changes, timekeeping functions and controls for all HRIS for reporting and analysis.
- Directs preparation of statistical and other information required by Federal, State and City regulations are provided and submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manages, updates and reviews all FMLA, PFL, Worker's Compensation and Disability claims as well as other administrative leave.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Master’s in Human Resources, Business or a related field with a minimum five (5) years of progressive HR experience preferred. Bachelor’s with a minimum seven (7) years of progressive HR experience required.
- PHR or SHRM-CP required. SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Experience with HRIS systems including ADP Workforce Now required.
- Experience with Windows and MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with unquestioned personal and professional integrity as well as bespeak diplomacy and empathy in an environment committed to diversity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Bi-lingual preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks while maintaining composure under demanding deadlines.
- Dedicated work ethic with strong analytical or innate problem solving, including a desire to be a hands-on team member.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such. Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including training's and learning bits.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter with salary requirements will not be accepted.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter including salary requirement and resume, with subject line “Director of Human Resources” to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required