Assist agency physicians in providing comprehensive direct patient care and Burprenorphine Treatment Services to clients, including:
- Conduct physical examinations and record client data in charts and electronic medical records systems.
- Interpret and evaluate patient data to determine appropriate patient management and treatment plan.
- Perform detailed and accurate review of patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports.
- Provide instructions and guidance regarding medical care matters to patients.
- Facilitate patient access to all AHP services.
- Provide education in buprenorphine and other drug treatment options.
- Provide buprenorphine induction and maintenance, and medically-assisted buprenorphine treatment.
- Order laboratory tests and review lab results with patients.
- Participate in testing and treatment for HIV, HCV & STIs.
- Write prescriptions for medications as required
- Institute emergency measures and emergency treatment or appropriate stabilization measures in situations such as cardiac arrest, shock or convulsions.
- Participate in program evaluation.
- Participate in weekly supervision.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as per HIPPA laws and AHP policies and procedures.
- Assume other program-related tasks as assigned.
- New York State licensed Physician’s Assistant or licensed Nurse Practitioner.
- knows and supports harm reduction philosophy.
- Has experience in HIV, HCV and/or STI prevention & treatment, mental health and/or substance use treatment.
- Has experience working in a harm reduction environment.
- Has knowledge of the Brooklyn substance-using communities and service providers.
- Has experience or desire to work with disenfranchised populations.
- Able to work as part of a team within a larger organization with multiple programs.
- An organized, self-motivated person, committed to working in a multi-cultural, multi-racial diverse environment
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-Lingual (Spanish) highly preferred
Minimum Education Required