69 Grove Street
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is a not-for-profit organization leading the improvement of health care throughout the world. Founded in 1991 and based in Boston, MA, IHI is a catalyst for change, cultivating innovative concepts for improving patient care and implementing programs for putting those ideas into action. Thousands of health care providers participate in IHI's groundbreaking work.
The Financial Analyst will report to the Executive Director of Budgeting and Reporting. Essential duties and responsibilities of this position will include:
Prepare and manage the development of all budgets for new business initiatives.
- Work with New Business team to create new budgets for analysis
- Train Program Managers on budget creation and management as needed
- Implement changes and updates until budgets are "approved" and then transferred to appropriate finance budget analyst
- Works with and trains new finance budget owner for seamless finance hand-off
Oversee the financial analysis for a group of budgets, enabling the Program managers to implement their "ideal" programs through effectively managing their resources.
- Generate and analyze monthly budget vs. actual reports via Great Plains and Management Reporter
- Report actual vs. budget results to the Director of Budgeting and Reporting.
- Prepare and present PowerPoint presentation of findings at the monthly regional leads meetings with North America, the Middle East and Europe
- Meet with budget owners as needed to review budget vs. actual results
- Research and respond to questions generated from budget owners and others within IHI
- Provide general support and excellent customer service to all levels of budget ownership
Assist with process design and implementation of the annual budget and quarterly reforecast process, including both external and internal finance procedures.
- Drive process for preparing annual calendar for new fiscal year budget creation and three annual revisions, maintain calendar throughout year and queue up work as necessary
- Work with Director of Budgeting and Reporting to prepare detailed work plan for all budget work and assist with implementation
- Responsible for the technical importing and up keep of budgets and revisions into Adaptive Planning Software
- Create and assist in annual trainings on budget processes with all IHI budget owners
- Provide ad hoc trainings and coaching on budget processes with any IHI staff as needed
Assist the Assistant controller in several routine accounting functions and reviews.
- Partners with Assistant Controller to accrue expenses for the regions overseen by the Financial Analyst
- Assists with the annual audit as needed
Serve as the finance point person for all technical initiatives related to budgeting, including researching new software tools, working with engineering as needed and budget integrations in Great Plains
Perform special projects, as needed
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Three to five years' work experience in a similar finance/accounting position required
- Ability to manage projects, partnerships and professional relationships required
- Must be highly organized and flexible in dynamic environment
- Must have commitment to IHI's mission and values
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Experience using Great Plains accounting system or similar accounting software preferred
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, political beliefs, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.