85 Broad Street
ScriptEd is a high-performing non-profit organization that equips students in under-resourced schools with the fundamental coding skills and professional experiences that together create access to careers in technology. ScriptEd brings its tuition-free program directly to schools, where classes are taught by experienced computer programming professionals on a volunteer basis, ensuring that students have exposure to the most up-to-date knowledge available and also role models and potential mentors in the field. Students apply their new skills and gain industry experience through field trips, hackathons, advanced classes, and paid internships where they work with role models in the field as well as gain the experience and confidence necessary to pursue a career in technology.
ScriptEd was founded in New York City in 2012, and today, ScriptEd has grown to reach 1200 students across 46 schools in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. In the 2018-2019 school year, ScriptEd New York City will offer programs serving approximately 900 students across 30+ New York City public high schools.
ScriptEd is committed to incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in all aspects of our programs and day to day operations. ScriptEd students hail from populations that are significantly underrepresented in the technology field with 95% of students self-identifying as Latinx, Black or Asian and 40% of students self-identifying as female.
What You Will Do
You will report to the Founder & CEO and be responsible for leading the day to day operations for ScriptEd’s New York City office and ensuring the ScriptEd mission is being successfully implemented. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- NYC Office Leadership & Management: Ensure ScriptEd New York City meets/exceeds its goals by leading, supporting, and collaborating with a cross-functional team. Develop the strategic plan for ScriptEd in New York City, in partnership with the CEO.
- Organizational Leadership & Management: Serve as a member of the ScriptEd Leadership Team to: support the CEO in setting the organizational strategy, support fundraising, create and sustain a strong culture, and develop organizational policies.
- Fundraising & External Affairs: Lead and collaborate with colleagues to secure funding to meet the annual operational budget. Build, steward, and manage a Local Advisory Board.
- Program Planning & Management: Ensure ongoing effective planning, implementation, and evaluation to ensure programs are meeting ScriptEd standards for quality, fidelity, and impact while identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Team Management and Development: Recruit, manage, train, and develop Script Ed New York City staff. Ensure staff receives appropriate training and support and implement a performance management process.
Who You Are
- An Experienced Leader who has led teams for at least 3 years
- Passionate About Working with Young People
- Motivated by Working on Diverse Teams and In Diverse Environments
- A Recipient of a College Degree
- Passionate and/or Curious about the Impact the Technology Sector Can Have in Changing the World
ScriptEd has a high-performing culture characterized by our desire to equip our staff members with the support they need to achieve their goals. If you take on this position, you will receive a compensation and benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Annual Vacation time-20 days paid vacation & 14 paid holidays/office closures
- Retirement Plan-ScriptEd matches contributions to 401K accounts up to 2%
- Flex spending account-for out of pocket medical costs
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to apply[at]scripted.org with the subject line, “New York City Executive Director.” All qualified applicants will be considered, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. ScriptEd strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities and neighborhoods we serve. ScriptEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.