Details: Salary Range: Starting salary $40,000 to $45,000
5117 Rainier Avenue South
Loan Servicing Specialist
HomeSight is a non-profit community development corporation and community development financial institution promoting social and economic equity to preserve and enhance economically and culturally diverse communities through affordable homeownership, business development, and community advocacy. We develop affordable housing, provide first-time homebuyer education and counseling, and make loans to qualified buyers. We work closely with resident and business groups in Southeast Seattle to foster equitable economic development.
Our Homeownership Center has worked with families since 1990, creating over 2,500 homeowners. We’re dedicated to helping homebuyers find a personalized path to homeownership, put down roots in their communities, and bring financial stability through the generation of wealth.
We are seeking a Loan Servicing Specialist whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to a broad range of professional detailed administrative functions in the servicing of the Loan Portfolio for HomeSight. It requires experience with and professional knowledge of loan portfolio servicing and the application of accounting principles and practices or demonstrated ability to learn.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
A successful candidate must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision as well as function as a member of a team. This role requires critical and strategic thinking to be able to problem solve while juggling multiple tasks. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to race and social equity and experience working with diverse communities.
SPECIFIC JOB TASKS INCLUDE:
Manage files and schedules for HomeSight’s loan portfolio as directed.
- Coordinate with Closing Processor/Underwriter.
- Create and update files as needed for all loans serviced by HomeSight.
- Track and maintain current Certificates of Homeowners Insurance listing HomeSight as mortgagee.
- Develop and maintain system for notification of insurance expiration within loan servicing software.
- Maintain electronic and paper loan document files for each borrower logging new and paid off loans for the fiscal year.
- Cull old loan files to identify expired options to repurchase with no HomeSight loan outstanding.
Respond to loan status, payoff and subordination inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prepare routine payoff calculations and quotes for lenders and customers.
- Answer questions from customers regarding loan terms and requirements.
- Prepare requests for subordination and related subordination documents.
Manage the monthly loan payments received from borrowers in our amortizing loan portfolio.
- Prepare and send statements, payment coupons and collection letters as needed.
- Monitor all partial payments and status for collection accounts.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Prepare monthly reports for loan activity for management and accounting.
- Ensure compliance with HomeSight, State, Federal and investor requirements / regulations.
- Research County records to ensure documents have been properly recorded.
- Prepare year end IRS 1098 forms for all loans for all borrowers who paid interest during the prior year.
- Analyze fund and loan portfolio information to identify trends, potential inefficiencies and solve problems.
- Cross train and assist staff accountant on basic accounting posting and other duties as determined by management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is desirable or 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience in loan origination or servicing within a financial lending or mortgage institution desirable.
- Experience in real estate lending and accounting is desirable, being able to demonstrate knowledge in applicable areas such as terminology and interpretation of experience in procedures and principles employed in applicable areas.
- Strong skills operating a personal computer including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and navigating the internet.
- Experience in Microsoft Access is desirable.
- Experience in TMO (The Mortgage Office) software a plus.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal skills to effectively interact with both internal and external contacts are essential, with ability to provide courteous, knowledgeable and professional customer service both in person and on the telephone.
- Strong organizational skills, must be able to track, coordinate and manage attention to discrete details.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle many tasks. This is a fast-paced industry, often with time-sensitive tasks that must be completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform accurate data input into a variety of software.
HomeSight is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal, valued and supported.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 403B Plan, 10-days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and 2 personal days, and paid sick leave
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit all resumes and (1) page cover letter to Lana Vahala-Marcus email@example.com
by March 16, 2018.