The Media Strategist & Writer is a one-year, FT position responsible for helping communicate the brand messaging of the Annenberg Foundation (AF) and its related entities through internal and external communications vehicles, and for proactively developing and placing stories in print, broadcast, and digital media. This position calls for strong writing skills/experience with a variety of audiences, and someone who has media background and a “nose for news”. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
To apply for this position please follow the link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/807507/Annenberg/Media-Strategist-Writer
- Works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to tell the ongoing story of both AF and Wallis Annenberg Legacy Foundation (WALF).
- Writes and edits articles, blogs, newsletters, bulletins, talking points, press releases, marketing materials for internal and external Foundation audiences.
- Develops original, compelling content that targets thought leaders and Annenberg audiences.
- Identifies potential story/earned media opportunities for both AF and WALF and leverages media relationships.
- Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the organization and/or brand.
- May need to work late nights or weekends during key times to meet essential business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding writing and copyediting skills with the ability to write effectively for different audiences and delivery channels.
- Experience working with journalists and developing, placing media stories. Familiarity with the philanthropic, social impact, aging, and tech fields desired (but not required).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about keeping up-to-date on news, driven by intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both in a team and independently.
- General familiarity with social platforms (content best practices, posting, and analytics) and Wordpress / Elementor preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, PR, and other related software.
- Knowledge of basic web language.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in journalism and/or communications.