Who We Are
Breast Cancer Prevention Partners works to prevent breast cancer by eliminating our exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation linked to the disease. We translate science into practical actions that consumers, workers, families, policy makers, and companies can take to protect people and the planet from toxic exposures. The people who work at BCPP are passionate about what we do and committed to excellent work done in a collaborative environment.
Who We Are Looking For
BCPP is hiring a Digital Campaigner and Advocacy Coordinator to help us prevent breast cancer by getting toxic chemicals out of make-up, personal care products, cleaning products, food packaging, workplaces, and communities by engaging the public in online digital advocacy efforts.
As our Digital Campaigner, you will develop and implement innovative and strategic advocacy efforts designed to win corporate accountability campaigns and enact legislation to secure stricter corporate, state, and federal management of the toxic chemicals in our everyday lives. These campaigns will seek to deepen our relationship with existing supporters as well as recruit new supporters to help grow our advocacy community.
We are looking for an individual who understands how digital tools and online activism can be used to influence corporate policies and state and federal policymakers to bring about change.
Desired qualifications and skills:
· 2-5 years of experience developing and implementing online, digital advocacy campaigns.
· Experience building and strengthening partnerships.
· Good networking skills.
· Broad knowledge of environmental health, women’s health and/or toxics reduction issues.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once, work as part of a team, and work effectively in a changing environment and self-directed manner.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to inspire trust and respect among colleagues and external partners.
· Excellent decision-making skills, strategic insight, professional initiative, time management and prioritization skills.
· Good organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and creativity.
· Strong research, writing, and verbal communication skills.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, Action Network or other advocacy tools, Salesforce, and social media platforms.
Preferred qualifications and skills
· Familiarity with scientific issues related to the links between breast cancer and the environment, and a desire to learn more.
· Experience engaging the business community in advocacy efforts, particularly those focused on sustainable production.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Who We Are
Breast Cancer Prevention Partners works to prevent breast cancer by eliminating our exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation linked to the disease. We translate science into practical actions that consumers, workers…
Excellent Benefit Package: Medical, dental and vision insurance; paid vacation, sick and personal time; flexible spending accounts; long-term disability insurance. BCPP provides full medical coverage at no premium cost to full time staff members. Dependent coverage is available at an additional cost to employee.
Excellent Benefit Package: Medical, dental and vision insurance; paid vacation, sick and personal time; flexible spending accounts; long-term disability insurance. BCPP provides…
Fluency in Spanish a plus
Fluency in Spanish a plus
Email your current resume, cover letter and two relevant writing samples to Martha Diaz at HR@bcpp.org. Put “Digital Advocacy Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and are accepted on an ongoing basis. No calls, please.
Email your current resume, cover letter and two relevant writing samples to Martha Diaz at HR@bcpp.org. Put “Digital Advocacy Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications…