Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Administrative Assistant (Community Partnership Program)
Department: Early Childhood Education
Reports to: CPP Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Community Partnership Program (CPP) in East Harlem will organize local service and civic organizations and community residents to provide primary prevention networks and resources for the benefit of the community. The Administrative Assistant will provide and support all administrative services for the Community Partnership Program (CPP).
• Answer and direct all incoming phone calls for the program; take and relay messages when appropriate.
• General administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to filing, copying, and faxing.
• Prepare CPP meeting agenda, take attendance, prepare meeting minutes, and submit to
• Support CPP Director in community outreach efforts.
• Process purchase orders, expense reports, and billing reports.
• Maintain program files and databases.
• Additional duties as assigned by the CPP Director.
• Associate’s Degree preferred; at minimum, High School Diploma or High School Equivalency.
• Demonstrated administrative experience.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Overall flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet many deadlines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, References, and Salary Requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate CPP Administrative Assistant in subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and…