For over 37 years Bellwether Housing has been Seattle’s largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
Oversee all aspects of managing building, promoting a “sense of community” among residents with activities and services, working to solve problems and facilitate a responsible and positive community. Complete leasing and move in tasks in accordance with Bellwether policies. Utilizing property management software, collect rent and monitor resident accounts. Complete initial and ongoing certification of residents as prescribed by Bellwether procedures. Work in collaboration with the Maintenance Department to coordinate work orders, preventative maintenance, and unit turnover. Act as liaison to agencies providing referrals and case management to the residents.
· Provide professional, responsive, caring, and knowledgeable interactions with applicants and current residents.
· Lease-up the property.
· Collect rents and assist the Property Manager with eviction procedures, as necessary.
· Resolve resident issues.
· Show vacant units and assist applicants to accurately complete rental application and required supporting documentation.
· Send completed application to Compliance to perform background checks.
· Process application, verifying income qualifications, etc.
· Assist applicant with move-in date and time to sign lease and pay deposits and rent.
· Prepare lease documents, collect first rent payment, and establish resident account in property management software.
· Perform resident check-in and check-out procedures.
· Complete annual recertification of residents.
· Prepare vacant units for occupancy. Perform interior and exterior common area cleaning daily.
· Provide residents with a safe, sanitary, and positive living environment.
· Common area cleaning.
· 3+ year’s prior apartment management or leasing experience. Equivalent education/experience may be substituted for stated requirements.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Proficient in federal fair housing laws and landlord/tenant laws.
· Exceptional customer service ability, including problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to customer requests.
· Dependable, highly-motivated, and organized individual skilled at meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
· Good oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate in English.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Positive attitude a must.
· Experience handling money or performing rent collection.
· Experience working with AMSI property management software or equivalent.
- Experience processing income qualifications and utilizing complex screening criteria.
· Experience in managing tax credit properties.
· Experience working with Section 8 income qualification.
· Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships with community constituencies and social service agencies.
· Experience working with social service programs for diverse populations and making referrals as appropriate.
· Prior cleaning and light maintenance experience in a work environment.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish, English/Tigrinya or English/Amharic.
- Must be able to perform non-repetitive lifting of at least 25 lbs.
· Project Based Section 8 experience.
Hours: 30-32 Hours/week
Compensation: $19.80 -$22.00 per hour DOE, benefits
Benefits: If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.
If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required