7225 North Western Avenue
The Manager is responsible for the financial and human resources operations of the organization, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting, reporting for management and the Board of Directors, processing of new hires, and human resource information management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Manages accounts payable, assuring that invoices are correct and paid on time. Maintains vendor files of invoices and contracts. Processes all checks and presents for approved signature(s). Manages vendor accounts and relationships, as needed.
- Manages accounts receivable, reconciling private revenue with the development department, and tracking earned income from various sources. Reconciles revenue paid online and via Shopify on a monthly basis.
- Enters all financial transactions into the accounting system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the annual budgeting process, providing year-to-year data, cost projections and working with department directors to create department budgets.
- Maintains relationships with banking institutions and reconciles bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Completes payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis for all personnel. Delivers live checks to supervisors for those employees who are not paid electronically.
- Provides monthly financial reporting and analysis of financial statements, including statement of activities, fund balance, and sources/uses of funds to the Executive Director and Finance Committee.
- Works closely with the Director of Development to assure that restricted funds are tracked and reported accurately. Reconciles revenue statements from the accounting system and donor database on a monthly basis.
- Provides support for the annual independent audit process and 990 preparation, delivering needed data, reports, and information in a timely manner.
- Maintains current inventory of assets. Manages use of important equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages onboarding of new hires, including completing immigration, tax, and required organizational forms.
- Maintains an inventory of building keys and provides new hires the keys needed for their position.
- Completes bi-weekly payroll process, reviewing timecards and reconciling hours with supervisors prior to submission.
- Maintains personnel files for each employee, including separate personnel, confidential, and medical files. Maintains current information for each employee.
- Maintains the Employee Manual, working with the Executive Director to update as necessary due to changes in law or policy.
- Manages employee inquiries and issues, delegating to the appropriate supervisor, as needed.
- Manages the health and disability insurance programs. Carries out annual insurance census and enrollment processes. Submits Affordable Care Act reporting annually as required.
- Assures that all required human resources signage is posted throughout the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has BA/BS in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Has at least three years of financial operations experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Has at least one year of HR experience.
- Possesses excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work with diverse constituents, teams, and colleagues.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to forge strong relationships with vendors and financial institutions.
- Able to take ownership and drive activities to completion.
- Must be committed to and enthusiastic about the Tree House mission.
- Possesses a valid Illinois driver’s license and driving record acceptable to the Tree House insurance carrier.
- Is able to use QuickBooks and other Accounting software.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Must submit resume and cover letter. No calls, please.