7 West 30th Street
ABOUT ROOM TO GROW
Room to Grow envisions one day all parents will have the resources they need to unlock their families' potential and become champions for babies and their community. With locations in NYC and Boston, our research-informed program focuses on eradicating the associated developmental and achievement gaps that hinder children throughout their lives, ultimately breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty. Room to Grow receives referrals from a network of prenatal programs assisting low-income families, as well as members of the community we serve. Upon their referral, families visit Room to Grow's warm and inviting space once every three months starting in their third trimester through their child’s third birthday. During their one-on-one appointments with expert clinicians, we offer structured coaching, material goods ($10,000 retail value over time), and community connections to support parents as they activate their natural strengths and expand their knowledge, so children thrive from the start. For more information on Room to Grow and its program model, please visit www.roomtogrow.org/program.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Family Services Coordinator supports the clinical team by providing support for Room to Grow families in scheduling and managing client communications from initial referral through program graduation. The ideal team member is vibrant, incredibly detail oriented, and an independent worker, whose role includes ensuring timely scheduling of clients and seamless management of referrals. The Family Services Coordinator will speak with clients, referral partners, and all constituents calling Room to Grow for program assistance. In this setting, the Family Services Coordinator will also fulfill administrative duties related to program operations and client services. This requires the ability to think on one’s feet and re-prioritize work regularly. This position reports to the Operations Manager and collaborates with the clinical team as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Scheduling families for clinical visits at all sites
- Timely follow-up with clients for confirming and rescheduling visits
- Maintain relationships with clients that support RtG mission
- Assist in developing a centralized scheduling system for the organization across regions
-Supporting program services, included but not limited to fielding phone calls and emails about:
- Client support
- Inquiries about the clinical program
- Volunteer logistics
- In-kind donations
-Managing intake and output of referrals with referral partners and community referrals including but not limited to building relationships with referral partners to encourage further engagement with RtG
-Assisting the clinical team in administrative tasks of case management
-Serving as customer service representative for Room to Grow as the clinical operator and inbox manager
-Supporting clinical data management and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Display professionalism and a high level of customer service at all times
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and materials in a discrete manner
- Enthusiastic, engaging, and positive attitude
- Superb time management and organizational skills, including ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team
- Self-starter who requires little supervision, is organized and responsible.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a highly dynamic environment.
- Able to work with deadlines, good time management, ability to re-prioritize work regularly.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong ability to contribute productively to a team effort
- Work well with other staff from different departments within the organization
- Ability to coordinate and interact with internal and external constituents remotely
- Ability to interact and connect with a range of individuals including clients, volunteers, donors, and referral partners.
- Effective listening skills with intellectual curiosity, honesty, and sense of levity.
- 2+ years of working experience in customer service, office, and/or social service setting
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM software are big pluses
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Room to Grow is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency required
Proficiency in other languages is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Upload your cover letter and resume in PDF on our career website linked here. No phone inquiries please.