109 North San Saba
The Development Operations Manager, reporting to the Development Director, will contribute to City Year San Antonio’s growth and impact by helping the site to create an exceptional donor/prospect experience that deepens relationships and expands our base of support through special events and effective communication. The Development Operations Manager will accomplish this by playing a pivotal role in the execution of inspiring fundraising and donor engagement events; supporting donor data management, gift processing, and donor recognition; and creating inspiring collateral, social media, and communications projects in collaboration with site leadership and headquarters specialists.
To be successful in this role, a candidate must be a strong, independent worker with strong organizational and project management skills, excellent data analysis skills, the ability to work well in a fast paced environment, and the ability to develop strong relationships with City Year’s headquarters, staff, and stakeholders. An ideal candidate must also possess accountability measures and interpersonal communication skills.
- Produce special events, including the Annual Gala, Power of Women’s Luncheon and the Big Give
- Maintain donor and revenue databases; provide meeting support, analysis reports, and lead on all general development operations processes by:
- Maintain the customer relationship management and stewardship processes;
- Contribute to overall FY19 private revenue goal of $1.5m and to future growth and scale;
- Support the development and implementation of site’s overall Marketing and Communication strategy to increase City Year’s brand awareness in the community.
- BA/BS degree required
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills along with strong problem-solving ability required
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to people, process and efficiency required
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and high degree of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to produce large-scale events strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use and train others in Salesforce preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Deep understanding and passion for City Year’s mission and core values
In order to succeed in this role, the Development Operations Manager must be able to:
- Execute to Results: Strong ability to create and execute against work plans, parsing details into an executable plan. History of hitting benchmarks and holding self and others accountable. Trouble-shoot and work well with others. Ability to manage a high volume of donor transactions and be productive in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment. Committed to process and efficiency.
- Manage Relationships: Able to cross-manage their peers against internal project deadlines. Balance own projects against the needs of others. Work both with and for other people, and on their own. Understand urgent versus important.
- Communicate: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written with diverse groups. Good listener, empathetic team player, and flexible. Able to inspire and lead others.
- Think Strategically: Understands how people and finances (two main resources of any nonprofit) are shared and leveraged to support our work. Recognizes other’s needs and make decisions that set CYSA up for success.
Commitment to CY values and sharing them:
We dedicate ourselves to addressing shared civic challenges through unified action.
The success of the young people we serve is our preeminent goal, best achieved by working in partnership with others who are dedicated to the same cause.
We are committed to harnessing one of the most powerful forces for positive change at work in the world today.
We dedicate ourselves to building a more just, equal, fair, and compassionate world.
We aspire to develop a culture of Level Five leadership across the organization, fostering a blend of great humility with intense professional will.
We strive to constantly walk in the moccasins of others.
We embrace differences as strengths that magnify our capacity to achieve shared goals.
I am a person through other people; my humanity is tied to yours.
We strive to work powerfully together in a unified effort to achieve our goals.
We hold ourselves to the highest standards as we strive to execute our mission and steward our resources.
Interested qualified applicants should apply and submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and references. The target start date is May 29, 2018.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.