22509 State Route 9 SE
Nature Vision is a non-profit environmental education organization that fosters appreciation and stewardship of our environment by educating and connecting community to the world around us. We envision an inspired and connected culture where everyone makes choices for a sustainable future. Nature Vision brings place based, experiential science programming directly to schools and local greenspaces to ensure that all students receive quality nature connections. We serve over 70,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students each year in King and Snohomish Counties.
Our programming supports the Washington State K-12 Learning Standards and STEM Education and can be easily integrated into schools. Many of our lessons set conceptual foundations and repeat visits help connect one lesson with another. Nature Vision facilitates student access to nature and scientific concepts, thus developing a deep-rooted student interest in making the natural world a necessary and integrated part of daily life.
At Nature Vision, we value:
- Empowerment through stewardship education and practices
- Diversity of staff, partners, and the communities we reach
- Creativity and collaboration within our staff, programs, and partnerships
- Integrity through best business and teaching practices
· Scientifically accurate program content
· A fun and safe learning environment
We are seeking several dynamic part-time educators with a high level of creativity, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. Our curriculum reaches many diverse students in our region and educators must be responsive and relevant to all students.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Presenting environmental education and outreach programs to schools and other groups in classrooms and outdoor settings from the Nature Vision menu of programs. Training is provided.
· Prep and clean-up of materials for programs.
· Driving to schools and field sites for programs across King and parts of Snohomish County. Our office is located in Woodinville, WA.
· Other projects as assigned.
Salary: $15-$16 per hour. Sick time accrued at 1 hour for every 40 hours worked. Mileage paid at federal rates for round trip travel to school program sites from our office in Woodinville, WA.
Hours: Part-time, 10-30 hours/week, varies according to candidate availability and program registration. Must be available 3 full weekdays per week.
Start/End Date: 1/7/19-6/14/19. Positions may continue after this time based on available funding.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and experience in Education, Interpretation, Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, or a related field. Combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to work in classrooms and in the field with diverse groups of students. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to read, speak, and write the English language clearly. Must pass WA State Patrol criminal records check.
Special Requirements: Must possess a valid Washington State Drivers’ License and own insured vehicle to drive to field sites. Mileage is reimbursed at federal rate. Must maintain current Adult, Child and Infant CPR/AED and First Aid certificates. Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume as one .pdf attachment to Michelle Song, Education Programs Manager by November 26, 2018 at 5 pm PST. Interviews will take place Dec 5-12.
Minimum Education Required