District of Columbia
- The HR Associate I, HR ESC reports to the Director and is an active member of the Human Resources Employee Service Center team (HR ESC). This position will effectively perform HR administration tasks, including answer questions for customers/clients, updating internal sharepoint site, conducting domestic orientation and providing support for the HR Employee Service Center team. The HR Associate I will interact with multi-site employees, managers and the broader Human Resources organization.
- Responds to HR Employee Service Center (ESC) inquiries and reports on trends and ways to improve HRESC inquiry process and tracking.
- Conducts new employee orientation and recommends ways for improvement as needed.
- Host Country Nationals (HCN) Point of Contact for New Employees/Status Changes/Separation & handles any necessary follow up on inquiries. Works closely with HRIS and provides training when necessary.
- Handles separation process for targeted HR Partners to include Intern/Temp tracking & scheduling of separation meetings.
- Processes Expense Authorizations (EA) for Repatriation and relocation.
- Handles Allowance Processing of one-time payments; danger pay -away from post for targeted regions, tracks Expat Leases, Hires, Transfers/Promos, Separations; researches US Department of State Changes per pay period and creates HR ESC Inquiry and updates Allowance Change spreadsheet.
- Produces reports for bi-monthly Executive Welcome List; monthly for Employee Movement Report and Intern (verify active/inactive) Reports.
- Assists with coordination of communications and employee program activities for assigned programs (e.g. Onboarding logistics to include executive welcome and compiling a variety of orientation packets, KEEP, Employee Resource Groups, NOW Award and Service Award Programs).
- Provides administrative support to HR ESC to include HR record keeping (personnel files, I-9 and immigration documents); data tracking, employment verifications, and team sharepoint maintenance.
- Serves as a back-up contact for other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School/GED Diploma or its International Equivalent.
- 0-3 years of experience providing administrative support in an office setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS/Payroll systems. Vocational or specialized training.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Less than 10%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply via the following link: https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Washington-DC/Human-Resources-Associate-II_Requisition-2018201061