366 Somerville Avenue
Non-profit organization seeks Masters level bi-lingual (English-Spanish) human service professional, to bring Parenting Journey programs to identified community partner agencies.
Parenting Journey’s mission is to create safer, more resilient families by supporting them in developing the inner strengths, life skills, and networks of resources they need to succeed.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Parenting Journey is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with a chapter office in New York City. For over 35 years, the organization has sought to break the systemic cycle of parenting in poverty. We recognize that systemic injustices related to poverty and race prevent many parents from realizing the futures they, and their families, deserve. Our work is inspired by the belief that strong families are the foundation of vibrant healthy communities and that all parents have the power to build resilient families. Parenting Journey envisions a world where all parents and caregivers can build thriving families.
Parenting Journey partners with parents to realize their strengths through therapeutic groups that reduce stress and foster social
networks, advocacy for equitable policies that benefit all families, and partnerships with other family-focused nonprofits. Parenting Journey’s acclaimed, high-impact parent programming is replicated at nearly 500 non-profit agencies across the country, and has impacted over 52,000 families in the last decade.
Reporting to the Clinical Director (CD), the Community Partnership Manager (CPM) will support Parenting Journey’s annual goals, and work with new program approaches for Partner Organizations (PO)s to assess, strategize and implement PJ programs both at the Parenting Journey Somerville office and across a variety of organizational settings. Acting as a consultant of sorts and mentor within the Partner Organizations, this role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and effective communication skills to execute a comprehensive plan to reach short and long-term goals. As a member of the Parenting Journey Program Team, the CPM identifies key learnings related to evidence-based group work and trainings and collaborating with the team in developing new and/or enhanced support materials for Partner Organizations (PO)s who are running
Parenting Journey programs within their perspective organizations.
This full-time position reports directly to the CD, and encompasses three primary accountabilities:
1. Responsible for working with Partners to assess, plan and implement PJ programming within diverse settings.
- Responsible for facilitating, co facilitating and/or supporting the execution of group work at partner agency sites.
- Responsible for facilitating and/or co facilitating training(s) at location determined by Parenting Journey as needed.
- In coordination with the MA Program Team, responsible for debriefing post training to further develop all PJ domains/curricula as needed.
- Collaborate, develop and implement in-service training for partner staff as it relates to demonstrated need (ie: professional development, specialty populations, PJ learnings, etc.)
- Responsible for actively inputting and maintaining data in Salesforce database to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for coordinating the group intake process including recommendations to the program team on revisions of the intake forms. Works with partner staff to train staff on the intake process to improve documentation and note taking skills and assuring appropriate assignment of families to PJ programming.
- Responsible for developing a supervision/mentor model for partner staff to support clinical and group work content as it relates to needs of the partner organizations.
- Responsible for execution of the evaluation plan and framework within the partner organizations.
- Take the lead role in training partner staff as necessary to successfully complete the program evaluation plan, outcomes and goals.
2. Support the day-to-day PJ programming in a consultative role when working in a partner organization.
- Work independently and employ communication, outreach, and solicitation tools that will increase effectiveness and efficiency of PJ programming within the partner organization.
- Manage, improve, and implement practices to accurately and comprehensively track and document all partnership information and activity into Salesforce or other tools/data bases as directed.
- Collaborate with other Parenting Journey colleagues
- Responsible for content delivery of all PJ curricula as related to groups and trainings.
- Join and plan team meetings with partner staff to help improve communication and cohesion.
- Support and plan program infrastructure and culture to help improve practices as it relates to PJ learnings.
- Meet with PJ program planning team to develop new ideas and approaches within diverse community settings.
- Enlist support from as well as be a resource to other PJ Staff in meeting the goals of assigned partner agencies.
3. Execute Parenting Journey facilitator trainings and direct service groups in support of positive outcomes, high-quality program delivery, maximum impact and community building.
- Responsible for following and performing established standards and duties related to facilitator training as outlined in the Training Manual.
- Lead direct service groups as needed per Parenting Journey guidelines.
Critical core competencies for successful performance in this role are:
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- High integrity, sound judgment, enthusiasm and optimism
- Ability to value diverse perspectives and treat all persons with dignity and respect.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, diversity and trust
- Creative problem solver with strong strategic and tactical sense.
- Ability to create and foster a healthy and positive work environment.
- Must be able to follow directions accurately and carry out or communicate effectively tasks to other co-workers as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Community Implementation Manager (CIM) must be a creative problem solver with a strong strategic and tactical sense. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to:
- Create and foster a healthy and positive work environment
- Communicate effectively tasks to other co-workers as needed and follow directors accurately.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and consistently meet all deadlines.
- Work independently and be well organized and highly detailed.
- Preference given to Master Level human service professionals who are bilingual in English-Spanish with a demonstrated ability to embody our approach to working with families.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or similar degree
- 3+ years working in a community-based program setting, non-profit sector.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
- Group facilitation and training experience required
- Solid understanding of non-profit programs
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel within a community
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft office suite & Google docs required; additional experience using Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proven track record of achieving results and working independently
Parenting Journey offers partial employer paid healthcare and dental benefits, 15 paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Parenting Journey is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to Lydia Carbone at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. For more information about Parenting Journey, please visit our website at www.parentingjourney.org.