265 Beaver Street
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. It is also a great place to work! Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls' lives!
We have a new full-time position open for a Volunteer Engagement Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Volunteer Engagement Manager, this position will be based out of either GSEMA’s Waltham or Middleboro office.
The Volunteer Engagement Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Volunteer Engagement team by coordinating details which helps to ensure the team works efficiently and communicates effectively with volunteers. This position helps coordinate volunteer marketing communications, strategic projects, and the volunteer engagement calendar. In collaboration with the Customer Support team, the Administrative Assistant manages ongoing updates to the volunteer training calendar, including sending confirmation and cancellation notices.
Volunteer Engagement Team Operations
- Supports volunteer marketing communications by providing monthly newsletter content to marketing team and drafting GSEMA SUN updates, social media promotion for volunteer events, website updates, and others, as assigned.
- Provides administrative support on strategic volunteer engagement initiatives.
- Handles processing of troop bank account requests, verifying membership registration, appropriate background checks, and other details as identified necessary for compliance.
Volunteer Training Calendar
- Assists Volunteer Engagement Manager with creating and editing the volunteer resources section of the Ultimate Guide.
- Assists with the development of an annual volunteer engagement calendar.
- Coordinates the scheduling and confirmation/cancellation process for volunteer trainings and volunteer events, collaborating with Customer Support team as needed.
- Manages Training Calendar to reflect important details for in-person training events, including facilitator and location details.
General Volunteer Support
- Documents volunteer communications in Volunteer Systems (Salesforce) using appropriate judgment related to the sensitivity of the issue.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
- Maintains confidentiality on behalf of the Girl Scout organization and in accordance with the GSEMA comprehensive Information Security Program (CISP).
- Staffs program and training “All Hands on Deck” (AHODs) events as needed (some evenings and weekends required).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Some college education preferred or two (2) plus years of experience in an administrative role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; experience using Salesforce is highly desirable.
- Capacity to, independently and as part of a team, plan, organize and prioritize work, while managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail; ensures accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work.
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Strong communications skills both orally and in writing.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all organizational functional areas to achieve council goals.
- Accept the Girl Scout commitment to work with all without regard to race, ethnicity/culture, religion, socio-economic-status, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation or differing abilities.
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s license and access to motor vehicle is necessary to carry our responsibilities
- Bilingual skill is highly desirable.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
To learn more about our council, please visit www.gsema.org
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Can’t wait to join our team? To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by visiting here:
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.