1 Washington St
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Responsible for providing high level administrative support for the Network C-level Executive Team and other senior executives as needed. Also provides primary administrative support for the governance activities of the Network and its affiliates. Duties include coordinating due diligence compliance reporting scheduling meetings and conference calls, recording and preparing minutes, tracking and updating administrative files, coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining distribution lists and other contact databases. Assist with other administrative activities and complete special projects as directed.
The ability to interact effectively, courteously and professionally with staff at all levels and with important external constituents, and to show great discretion and sophistication in managing the complex demands of the organization’s governance as well as the complex demands of the executive team and requests by others of the executive team’s schedule required. Strong attention to detail; strong written and verbal communication skills; flexibility and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently and to proactively anticipate needs; ability to manage multiple tasks, many with shifting priorities; ability to handle confidential information and material with discretion and diplomacy; and ability to work well under pressure and under deadline. The position requires a demonstration of sound judgment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide assistance to the executive team with regard to the governance of the Network and its affiliated companies, supporting their boards and committees, including communication with board and C-level committee chairs/members, organizing and scheduling meetings.
· Assist with follow up and tracking of deliverables related to governance.
· Assist in editing and assembly of board and committee meeting materials. Record and prepare meeting minutes for boards and committees.
· Ensure compliance and maintain governance records and documents, electronically and/or on paper.
· Assist the executive responsible for governance with systems to organize and manage general governance activities.
2. EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
· Provide daily administrative support including proactive calendar management, creating/editing correspondence, meeting prep packets, research materials, etc.
· Handle and administer corporate/confidential documents.
· Coordinate frequent domestic and occasional international travel arrangements, including air/ground transportation and accommodations.
· Coordinate and schedule logistics for meetings and conferences (with internal & external clients), including reserving rooms, catering, developing/revising presentations and/or confirming attendees.
· Assist in the completion of expense reports and time reporting
· Provide back-up support to administrative services manager
· Maintain and manage distribution lists and Salesforce database for governance and external contacts.
· Work closely with the fundraising and communications staff to support the activities of the executive team.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Excellent communication, customer service, time and task management skills.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task and be reliable.
· Proactive problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and to accommodate last-minute changes.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in relation to matters of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
· Ability to display a courteous and professional demeanor at all times and show initiative.
· College Degree or related professional training.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience of assisting CEO/executive level personnel
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with proficiency, accuracy and sensitivity to deadlines
· Have a high level of understanding of corporate governance topics and management of governance files
· Excellent communication skills, proficiency with Mircosoft Office tools and on-line systems.
· Some travel required.
Minimum Education Required