6125 Montrose Road
The Bender JCC is looking or a motivated, creative and dynamic professional with 2-4 years of digital and/or marketing experience to join their team. If this sounds like you, you might be a perfect fit for our fast-paced marketing team!
This Digital Communications Coordinator will focus on all aspects of digital marketing including, social media, emails, web, digital advertising to help promote the Bender JCC and its programs. The position will leverage their technological know-how to help make our vision come to life!
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Manage the Center's website, which includes creating new pages, posting new content and providing general ideas for improvement and organization.
- Adapt, write and post compelling web copy.
- Create content for Eblast. Must know how to use and create images using Publisher, Paint or InDesign. Constant Contact experience a plus.
- Enhance the Center's online presence by developing and introducing innovative social networking initiatives that maximize user-generated content and engagement.
- Manage social media platforms (Facebook Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, etc.) and content creation (daily) - must understand how social media works, statistics analytics, etc.
- Manage external publications for such activities as ad buys. Manage websites for such activities as solicitation, administration and placement.
- For Public Relations, manage lists and post Center events to community calendars, blogs, etc.
- Develop Center promotional and operational signage to deliver internal communications on such matters as closings, new hours, holiday schedules, etc.
Other Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Perform a variety of photography and videography duties.
- Ability to work weekends on occasion.
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington.
- Work in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.
- Strong attention to detail ad ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods; ability to stoop and bend.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines respond to changing priorities and coordinate multiple assignments.
- Must communicate and work well with the entire staff to produce timely and quality communications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple projects concurrently with tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of graphic design principles
- Fluent in PC/Windows and in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Good command of typography, color, composition, hierarchy and how these elements work together for an online solution.
- Proficiency in HTML, knowledge of WordPress, experience with Google ADWords.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related area
- A minimum of 4 years communications and marketing experience
- Experience proofing design work and ensuring products meet required specifications
Benefits include health/dental, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, paid time off (PTO), holidays, flexible spending account, 403(b), free membership to our on-site fitness center, indoor/outdoor pools and employee discounts to most Center programs. We are conveniently located near two Metro Red Line stations and have free on-site parking.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please forward you resume to Jobs@benderjccgw.org