Established in 1967, Sound Generations is a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and adults with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist – HRIS/Benefits to join the Human Resources Team.
Initial Review begins July 13, 2020
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for administering HR information systems and benefit programs. Leads the expansion of department and organization utilization of HR information systems (ADP Workforce Now), trains managers and employees, and distributes management reports. Administers benefits programs, leave programs, and related communications on a daily basis. Contributes to the full spectrum of HR operations and services in collaboration with the HR team.
- Assumes lead responsibility for HR department digitization project. Utilizes systems and software to scan/digitize documents. Creates system workflows and processes to replace paper based processes; e.g., personnel requisition approvals, onboarding, employee documentation/personnel files, etc.
- Maintains and audits HR information system data. Gathers, collates and reports data for management, HR team and others.
- Collaborates with HR Team on daily administration of group benefits and wellness programs. Audits employee benefit eligibility and reconciles plan invoices. Reviews benefit offerings with employees and processes enrollment, cancellations and changes.
- Administers and communicates leave of absences eligibility and processes. Supports employees with leave documentation and group insurance claims.
- Ensures legal compliance with ERISA, DOL, COBRA, Flexible Spending Accounts, QDROs, etc. Maintains plan documents, discrimination testing, audits and 5500s. Provides administrative support to the Sound Generations 401k Retirement Plan Committee. Administers ACA compliance including production of the annual 1095 statements.
- Coordinates open enrollment and other benefit meetings; assists with the preparation and distribution of employee materials.
- Collaborates with HR Team and performs other HR functions; e.g., job analysis, compensation administrations, interviewing, onboarding, employee engagement, etc.
- Equity & Inclusion: Actively supports Sound Generations' efforts to undo institutional racism, and other forms of oppression, build equity and inclusion, and serve an increasingly diverse population. Integrate anti-racism principles and equity and inclusion action plans, which include:
- Demonstrating an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion;
- Fostering discussion and learning among staff/volunteers to better understand and undo institutional racism;
- Incorporating equity and inclusion standards into all hiring processes and performance evaluations;
- Enabling staff/volunteers and self to fully engage in activities/events related to building equity and inclusion and addressing institutional racism, and other forms of oppression.
- Keeps current on changes to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related field.
- Minimum of Three (3) years related human resources experience.
- Demonstrated experience implementing ADP Workforce Now workflows.
Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices, procedures and laws & regulations.
- Commitment to Sound Generation's mission, vision and organizational goals.
- Experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, able to produce polished, concise, catered messages to different audiences.
- Ability to influence leaders and build strong relationships across all organizational functions.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task (organize department files, inquiries and electronic/paper data, prepare and/or audit detailed data files).
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and accountability.
- Ability to process sensitive information, maintain confidentiality, and use tact and discretion
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sound Generations values a diverse workforce. It’s the policy of Sound Generations to provide equal opportunity to all persons seeking or having access to its employment, services and activities, which is free from restriction based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
There are no limitations to who’s a best fit to serve our local communities. If we call you for an interview and you need specific accommodations, please let us know! We’re happy to make the arrangements. We’ll need to know ten (10) days in advance to make sure we get you situated.
For best results, please call our Human Resources department at 206.727.6240. You’re also welcome to mail your request to Human Resources.
Details at a glance:
- Full time
- Location: Downtown Seattle
- Pay Range :$45,000 - $52,000
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
How to Apply
Please visit: https://soundgenerations.org/careers/
To be considered, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.