Details: Salary plus benefits
70 E Lake St, Suite 920
Faith in Place’s Development Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the grants program of Faith in Place. The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Development Director to meet all revenue goals of the organization.
· Prospect grants to fund Faith in Place’s programs
· Write, manage, and submit grants in a timely manner
· Track and report on grants pending, received, denied, and past funded
· Monitor and work with program staff to ensure grant metrics are achieved
· Collaborate with Development Director on reports, funding opportunities, and tracking of all grant systems
· Collaborate with staff to develop budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals and program reports
· Oversee fundraising database & gift acknowledgement letters to donors
· Help volunteers arrange logistics for four fundraiser events at the end of the year
· Partner with Communications staff on annual appeals and reports
· One to two years of grant-writing experience required
· Exceptional written communication skills
· Passion for environmental justice issues
· Willingness and ability to become well-versed in all environmental justice issues and all programs offered by Faith in Place
· Entrepreneurial spirit and leadership skills to grow overall Development efforts
· Strong verbal communication skills – comfort in speaking to large groups, facilitating small group discussions, and excelling at one-on-one interactions
· Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, religious and political beliefs
· Experience with Moves Management is a plus
· Strong organizational ability and experience in meeting established goals within tight time frames
· Familiarity with standard business computer applications and databases, Every Action fundraising database experience preferred
· Demonstrated experience in effectively leading and collaborating with volunteers with management or supervisory experience
· Ability and willingness to motivate individuals to take action regarding Earth care–prior experience in development, organizing, or faith community life is a plus
· Able to process and exercise discretion when handling confidential information and materials
Faith in Place is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to full-time employees of Faith in Place after the first six months of employment. These benefits, with some employee contributions, include medical, vision, life and short and long-term disability insurance, employer matched simple-IRA plan, twenty paid vacation days, two paid personal days, and two paid sick days.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Rev. Brian Sauder, Executive Director, Faith in Place. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.