Details: Salary commensurate with experience
4860 Fort Totten Drive Northeast
District of Columbia
Community Family Life Services
Housing Case Manager-Full-time
CFLS provides affordable long-term housing for 35 formerly homeless single adults, many of whom are veterans, and/or have mental, emotional, or health challenges. Besides safe and secure housing, Milestone residents receive intensive case management, substance abuse counseling and relapse prevention support, employment counseling and access to emergency services. Through these services Milestone Residents are able to live fuller lives of self-empowerment and sustainability.
This position is responsible for managing an assigned caseload of clients and their service plans, and working with other community resources in meeting/achieving client service needs. Responsibilities include, case management responding to resident calls, overseeing apartment turnovers/scheduling move ins, coordinating lender and regulatory inspections and oversight of all licensing requirements and overall maintenance of units. This position will also manage the day-to-day operations of the property, including finding and placing qualified tenants, and ensuring the property is in good working order. The Housing Case Manager also serves as a housing navigator for individuals in the community and should have experience working with individuals who are HIV+ and the chronically homeless population. The Housing Case Manager also facilitates relapse prevention groups and will conduct breathalyzer and urinalysis screenings.
The ideal candidate should be outgoing and organized. Attention to detail, actively participating in team and group goals, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks is crucial. Must have the ability to respond to emergencies during non-office hours. Customer service focus with a desire to work with challenging populations is must.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of housing options available in the District of Columbia
2. Experience working with persons with or at high risk of HIV infection preferred.
3. General knowledge of community mental health and substance abuse services.
4. Demonstrates strong grammar and usage skills. Effectively and efficiently handles correspondence.
5. Ability to consistently enter data and progress notes accurately and timely.
6. Skills and ability to produce a high volume of administrative/data entry work.
7. Knowledge, skills, and abilities in using a personal computer with the ability to learn and adapt to using computer programs for tracking information.
8. Knowledge and skills in using Microsoft products: Outlook email, Excel, Word and Internet.
9. Skills and ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally using all forms of communication: verbal/interpersonal and written.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff member and management as well as externally with agency professionals throughout the community and personnel in regulatory organizations.
11. Ability to produce reports using systems software/program of the company.
12. Organizational Skills: Ability to organize work, work areas, reports, filing systems, etc.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (i.e. social work, psychology, etc.) A minimum of 1-3 Years of experience working with severely mentally ill, HIV Positive, Substance Abuse and Homeless populations. At least 1-2 years of related property management experience
*Salary starts at $47,000 based on experience
*This position reports to the Director of Housing
Physical Demands - The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, read, and type. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Benefits include health, dental and vision as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
Minimum Education Required