The position provides outpatient therapy to patients referred to the Addiction Psychiatry Service, also provides inpatient consults requested from the Addiction Psychiatry Service.
Job Summary: Reporting to the social work manager/ department manager of a designated clinical area, the senior social worker practices clinical social work at an advanced level independent of regular clinical supervision. Responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families in assigned care area. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, other community agencies and providers, and other health care professionals to implement patient care across the continuum.
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred, or meet screening criteria. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides indicated services including crisis intervention, short term counseling, psychotherapy and group services. Assists with discharge planning and/or outpatient continuity of care.
- Provides consultation to the team around patient management, risk management and ethical issues.. Documents assessments and care plans in medical record. Meets productivity standards and expectations as set by the leadership in Social Work and the assigned clinical area.
- Demonstrates advanced organizational and systems thinking. This includes but is not limited to: Identification of practice and systems issues, development of new modes of approaching systems and/or clinical problems. May initiate or participate in research.
- Demonstrates leadership within one's social work group, service area and in the Medical Center. This includes regularly leading segments of the team's work. Initiates and/or acts as a leader for small projects or work groups. Voices ideas and constructively participates in Departmental and interdisciplinary CQI activities.
- Demonstrates an adult learning style by seeking opportunities for continued growth and setting goals for own professional development. Assumes some regular responsibility for conducting seminars, primary supervision of social work staff and/or students; formal and informal interdisciplinary teaching and consultation.
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- License Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Current MA license or license from a state with reciprocity. If licensed in another state, expected to obtain MA license within 3-6 months.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.