Achieve Miami, Manager of High School Programs
Achieve Miami is searching for a self-driven, passionate, and fun-spirited individual to join our team as a Program Manager for Achieve Miami’s High School Programs! This leader will both ensure effective implementation of Achieve Miami’s current high school programs and will be a leader in mapping out the vision of the Achieve’s high school program experience for Spring 2021 and beyond. This role requires a confident self-starter with an attention to detail, strong entrepreneurial spirit, relationship-building skills, and the ability to get things done. This is a full-time, salary-exempt position.
A valid driver’s license and must be available for evening and weekend responsibilities such as programming events, trips, professional development, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Achieve High Schools Program Management:
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage part-time Achieve Success Coaches
- Ensure that Achieve Miami’s policies and procedures are implemented and followed (including payroll management)
- Manage and develop Achieve Success Coaches through the planning and facilitation of staff professional development; conduct annual evaluations
- Manage necessary logistics for College and Career Readiness programming and events
- Build and maintain positive relationships with principals
- Oversee and develop Achieve Success Coaches for our Achieve High School programs
- Maintain all program data (testing data, skill development, grades, student/family surveys, etc.)
- Maintain student, school, and staff relationships and communications
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and inventory of program supplies and materials
- Plan, implement, and maintain new and returning student recruitment
- Support the development of marketing materials and social media contributions
Jr. Advisory Board Management:
- Recruit high school students to join the Jr. Board; manage dissemination and review of applications each Spring
- Creates leadership opportunities for Jr. Advisory Board members and manages projects
- Develops and communicates regularly with Jr. Advisory Board about leadership opportunities, Saturday attendance, student recruitment, etc.
- Facilitates Jr. Board meetings
High School Programs Vision & Strategy:
- Support Executive Director and Director of High School Programs with defining the vision for the program and strategizing on execution and expansion for Spring 2021 and beyond.
Who we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate for the Manager of High School Programs role will have:
- Strong management skills: You’ve had experience managing others and are able to help your team set goals, strategize on how to achieve those goals, and celebrate wins. You are able to set a high bar and hold others accountable to meeting that bar.
- Creativity: You enjoy thinking creatively about new initiatives and projects, all grounded in the vision to create the most value we can for the students we serve.
- Strong organizational skills: We have a lot going on, and we need someone who can help us maintain an organized and calm work environment. You thrive on staying organized and knowing what you need to do to reach set goals. You have systems to help you stay on top of your personal to-do list and can integrate new tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Self-direction: You’re the type of leader who can map out what it takes to get it done - and then you do it! You’re a step ahead of the rest of the team, always anticipating what we’ll need, whether that’s extra copies or a system to help us streamline a process. You know how to “manage up” and can ask effective clarifying questions to ensure that your work stays on track.
- Solution orientation: You have a strong vision for what excellence looks like and you consistently put in the time and effort necessary to meet your goals. You know it’s less about the “hours worked” and more about the impact we have as an organization.
- High quality work product: You’re detail oriented and always double-check your work before handing it off. You take the time necessary to always do your best work and consistently tap into other staff members to learn from their expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills: At Achieve Miami, we work with students, parents, donors, community members, and community leaders - and we need someone who can comfortably engage with all of these audiences! You have a strong customer service mindset and the ability to navigate complex conversations. You are a strong writer, emailer, and phone-answerer and are able to communicate clearly and warmly in all situations.
- Growth mindset: You’re hungry to develop your professional skills. You constantly request feedback on your work and ask for new responsibilities and challenges.
- Enthusiasm to do it all: You know that “doing good” isn’t always glamorous - it’s sharpening pencils, answering phone calls, gathering field trip forms, and ordering buses. You’re hungry for new challenges but also enthusiastic to pitch in on the small stuff.