660 Pennsylvania Ave SE
CommonLit is a nonprofit edtech startup organization dedicated to closing the literacy gap for American students. Currently, CommonLit’s digital curriculum and online tools reach over 5 million students in over 50,000 public schools in the United States. We are looking for a School Partnerships Associate to join our growing School Partnerships Department. We are looking for a recent college graduate who has interest and experience in business development, market research, and analytics. The ideal candidate would be excited about working for a fast-paced, metrics-driven, and competitive team. This person would also be excited to take on multiple roles and should possess a strong interest in helping to improve educational outcomes for all students.
- Establish relationships with district leaders who are interested in purchasing CommonLit’s customized services
- Support the management of existing school and district partnerships
- Conduct market research on CommonLit’s potential customers and competitors
- Support the management of CommonLit’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and other SaaS tools
- Travel out-of-state on occasion to meet with clients and represent CommonLit at conferences
- 1-3 years of relevant work or internship experience.
- Experience (or a clear interest) in business development, sales, or partnership development.
- Extremely organized, able to juggle multiple responsibilities, and able manage deadlines efficiently.
- Goal-oriented and unwavering in the face of unexpected obstacles or changing circumstances.
- Very adept at working towards a metrics-driven outcome.
- Strong ability to collect and analyze data as a means of iterating on a strategy.
- A deep passion for supporting students of all economic backgrounds and driven by the belief that every student deserves the right to receive a first-class literacy education.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@CommonLit.org with the subject line "School Partnerships Associate."
Note: In your cover letter, please make sure to address the following questions:
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this position?
- What appeals to you about this role at CommonLit?