Details: Competitive salary depending on relevant work experience and education. The position is full-time, with benefits.
1 Metrotech Center North
New York Communities for Change seeks a dynamic, motivated, experienced Field Coordinator to join our warehouse worker organizing efforts. The Field Coordinator will manage a team that engages logistics workers in the tri-state area to take action to improve conditions in an industry that is critically important to the delivery of goods and services to the region. We are looking for a passionate individual with the ability to manage, train, and develop a team of organizers to execute effective field strategies to build worker power across the warehouse sector.
The warehouse worker Field Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of field and online organizing techniques. They will build strong worker committees capable of driving campaigns around issues that impact both front-line workers, and immigrant and working class communities. This is an ideal position for an experienced leader who is interested in being part of a bold campaign that combines traditional organizing methods with new organizing models and approaches.
- Serves as a team leader whose primary responsibility is to model, coach and train organizing staff on best practices for organizing; including developing informed confident worker-leaders who themselves can recruit, mobilize and organize workers.
- Conduct one on one organizing through home and work site visits to warehouse workers
- Collaborate with policy, legal, research and communications teams on innovative organizing strategies
- Co-create concrete organizing workplans and maintain accountability within the team.
- Lead trainings, presentations and workshops centered on workplace justice and worker organizing
- Manage digital campaign strategies for outreach to warehouse workers
- Build strong relationships with allied organizations and individuals.
- Develop messaging for effective worker outreach
- Represents and trains members to speak publicly of campaign, including to press
- Be able to record and report metrics of team’s progress, and adjust campaign tactics accordingly
- Develops and leads worker mobilizations
- May perform other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years experience in union or labor organizing and/or community organizing, including team supervision.
- A deep commitment to growing democratic base-building organizations and to building worker power in our local and national economy
- The proven ability to move workers or community leaders and activists to take bold action and develop their leadership
- Strong commitment and experience in developing leadership of members and staff from historically excluded communities (immigrants, people of color, women, LGBTQ+ etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with an emphasis on navigating coalitions and supporting worker leadership
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- High degree of computer literacy and comfort using Google Drive/ Microsoft
- Office including ability to analyze data
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including some nights, early mornings and weekends
- Should be comfortable traveling and working within neighborhoods across the five NYC boroughs
- Supportive creative compassionate approach to leadership with willingness to experiment strategies
- Experience working in and with coalitions of multiple organizations and interests
- Experience with online to offline organizing techniques including using Hustle, Facebook ad targeting, etc…
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle
New York Communities for Change (NYCC) is a coalition of working families in low and moderate income communities fighting for social and economic justice throughout New York State. By using direct action, legislative advocacy, and community organizing, our members work to impact the political and economic policies that directly affect us.
We Resist. We Fight. We Build power.
We RESIST fascist and racist policies that affect our most vulnerable communities. NYCC leads know your rights trainings and a rapid response program to protect our communities against deportations, police brutality and evictions.
We FIGHT economic power at its core. NYCC and its members lead the fight against economic oppression by building campaigns from the ground up that challenge capital and oppressive economic systems.
We BUILD power and transform our communities. NYCC organizes in low-income and middle income neighborhoods to build a strong people’s movement that can bring tangible change to our communities. Our aim is to eliminate the ways capital has starved our communities of wealth for centuries.
Employer paid health insurance, employer contribution to dental and vision insurance, FSA, 401k with matching contribution of up to 3%, monthly unlimited metrocard, paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to speak fluently in English and Spanish and/or Haitian Creole is preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click here to submit your application by Dec 1st. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. New York Communities for Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and individuals of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.