6402 Arlington Blvd.
Position Summary: The Tahirih Justice Center seeks a full-time Recruiter who will work from its office in Falls Church, Virginia. In this newly created position, the Recruiter will be responsible for developing and executing Tahirih’s strategy to acquire highly qualified talent who reflect the rich racial, ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic diversity of the courageous immigrant women and girls we serve. Reporting to the Director of Organizational Development, this individual will also provide ongoing support to hiring managers by preparing accurate job announcements, advertising positions through a variety of channels and media, screening candidate resumes, and stewarding candidates through Tahirih’s multi-phase recruiting process. Up to 20% travel to Tahirih’s five offices across the country is required.
- With the Director of Organizational Development, enhance and conduct Tahirih’s robust recruiting program to identify, attract, and hire competitive and diverse employment candidates for open positions in a timely manner.
- Source candidates for all open employee and intern positions by researching and posting positions on relevant job boards and social media sites.
- Recruit passive candidates through the use of social media and in-person networking events to increase the diversity and strength of the candidate pool.
- Develop partnerships with affinity groups, universities and other relevant organizations to build Tahirih’s network and increase qualified referrals.
- Partner with hiring managers to assist them in following Tahirih’s hiring practices, developing job announcements, identifying core competencies and evaluating candidates.
- Review resumes and conduct initial screening calls for qualified candidates to present to the hiring manager a diverse group of candidates for consideration.
- Steward and disposition candidates throughout the hiring process.
- Maintain accurate records of candidate communication and candidate status in Tahirih’s Applicant Tracking System.
- Monitor recruiting and hiring metrics to analyze the effectiveness of Tahirih’s recruiting strategies and determine ongoing process improvements.
- Develop and maintain materials associated with recruiting and hiring including process maps, guides and other resources for hiring managers.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for identifying, attracting and recruiting candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide support and training on hiring-related best practices to all employees involved in Tahirih’s recruiting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field, or additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Three years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Demonstrated success using a variety of channels (online, partnerships, in-person networking) to recruit highly qualified employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with a diverse group of individuals
- Cultural humility and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Customer service orientation and a capacity to develop creative solutions to meet internal and external customer needs
- Ability to guide and direct hiring managers with a varying range of hiring and interviewing experience
- Strong business communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail orientation and well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work alternate hours when needed to recruit for positions in the Central and Pacific time zones
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment
- Experience in legal services/law firm
- Proficiency in data-based decision making
- Experience developing equitable recruitment practices that promote a diverse candidate pool
Annual salary and benefits: Competitive compensation depends on experience. Generous benefits include fully-paid employee health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance; paid personal and parental leave; a 401(k) defined contribution retirement plan; flexible work schedules; professional development including in-house training programs, staff enrichment retreats and other growth opportunities. Employees have a very generous self-managed leave benefit inclusive of vacation, sick and holidays, including an office closure the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
About the Tahirih Justice Center: The Tahirih Justice Center is a nationally recognized non-profit organization that supports the courage of immigrant women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence by providing holistic legal services and advocacy in courts, Congress, and communities. Through pro bono holistic legal services, community outreach and education, and nonpartisan public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects women and girls seeking protection from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, honor crimes, and forced marriage. Tahirih is a Bahá’í-inspired organization and works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity. Tahirih’s 80 employees work from offices in the DC metro area, Baltimore, Houston, Atlanta, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submissions: Please include a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references.
Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Tahirih Justice Center is committed to equal opportunity and promotes equity and transparency as core values. Tahirih practices inclusiveness in decision making through the use of consultation with employees throughout the organization. Tahirih does not discriminate against any person on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, ability, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Applicants committed to equity from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and identities are encouraged to apply.