1625 Massachutsetts Ave. NW
Vital Voices Global Partnership (VVGP) is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation. We seek a talented professional with experience in monitoring and evaluation, program support, and economic development for the position of M&E Specialist on the Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship (EEE) team. The ideal candidate will report to the Vice President of EEE and have a strong interest in economic development, specifically growing women-led small and growing businesses.
Through our Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship work, VVGP invests in women business leaders to strengthen their decision-making power, grow their businesses and ultimately increase their positive impact on society. Our current portfolio of EEE programs include the VV GROW Fellowship, the Global Ambassadors Program and the U.S. Department of State/Fortune Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership – provides individualized technical assistance, business and leadership training and support in building strategic partnerships, expanding access to networks, and influencing stakeholders to address the gaps in women’s economic engagement around the world.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship and working in coordination with the EEE team and Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, the M&E Specialist will primarily provide support to monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities; program implementation; and communications within the Economic Empowerment portfolio.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning:
Coordinate all monitoring and evaluation activities according to the goals, objectives, and indicators outlined in Vital Voices’ M&E framework.
- Strengthen systems for data collection by developing, testing, and deploying different tools (e.g., online quarterly surveys, observational tools, structured interviews). Develop strategies to improve response rates as needed and ensure collection of accurate information.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data, interpreting and integrating results into on-going planning. Analyze results and trends within data for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Refine system for data analysis and ensure integration with larger team and organization-wide M&E framework.
- Explore research partnerships with institutions to assess the effectiveness of the programs within the EEE portfolio. Collaborate with partners and EEE team members to develop the research methodology and draft scopes of work, terms of reference, and other documents as needed.
- Develop strategies to promote and share findings from evaluation activities.
Assist in program design, planning and execution by supporting the development of materials. Provide ongoing quantitative and qualitative feedback for the improvement of EEE programs and provide M&E technical assistance training to partner organizations as needed.
Internal and External Reporting:
Provide input into preparing timely, accurate and comprehensive reporting for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee process of drafting and finalizing annual donor reports, coordinating with other EEE team members to collect and package relevant information in adherence to donors’ M&E requirements and the M&E framework.
- Develop materials and content outlining results and impact that communicate M&E findings and promote awareness with various internal and external stakeholders, including participants and partners.
- Provide regular and timely updates to EEE team members as new data and results come in. Respond to requests from Vital Voices staff, donors, and others in a timely manner.
New Business Development Support:
Provide input into preparing timely, accurate, and comprehensive data and learning for proposals, concept papers, and pitches for USG, corporations, foundations, and individuals. Provide support in managing information for donors when ME&L documentation is needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, international development or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in designing and implementing program monitoring and evaluation; experience evaluating economic development programs a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of M&E best practices, principles, and tools, including logic models, theories of change, results frameworks, and performance monitoring plans
- Experience with applied research, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, and indicator development and tracking.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills (including statistical methods) and the ability to summarize data, interpret results, and effectively present information to program staff, partners and donors
- Advanced MS Excel spreadsheet functionality (vlookup, charts/graphs).
- Knowledge of statistical software, such as STATA, SPSS, or SAS preferred
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Demonstrated interest in economic development and knowledge of business development for SMEs
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated International experience
- Familiarity with data visualization tools a plus
This full-time, salaried position is based in Washington, DC and requires approximately 15% international travel. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- A writing sample
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.