909 West Wilson Avenue
EZRA’s Multi Service Center is a community-based service center that provides emergency services to Chicago’s Edgewater, Uptown and Lakeview communities. The JUF Uptown Café, Chicago’s first kosher anti-hunger program, feeds people who are hungry while nourishing their spirits. Meals are served in a restaurant-like atmosphere by volunteer wait-staff from the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago’s TOV (Tikkun Olam Volunteer) Network
The JUF Uptown Café and Nutrition Coordinator is a member of the Health and Nutrition Team which is charged with promoting food security, health and wellness to EZRA clients and the community at large allowing the opportunity and framework for accessing these necessary services.
Key areas of responsibility:
JUF Uptown Café:
· Provide coverage at Café meals, coordinating duties as needed with other staff including security and maintenance personnel.
· Visit with Café guests during meals with attention paid to client hygiene, grooming and interpersonal interactions.
· Foster and support positive behavioral change, focusing on social function, while providing crisis intervention as necessary.
· Enforce House rules with a calm and consistent demeanor, paying special attention to guests who may be ill, attention-seeking, disruptive, or disrespectful.
· Implement behavioral plans and disciplinary time-outs with respect and dignity.
· Welcome, orient and debrief Café volunteers regarding meal procedures, the mission and goals of the program and the collaboration between EZRA and JUF.
· Survey client interest and create, plan, and execute appropriate programs.
· Provide staffing and other support EZRA programs as requested.
· Track and report Café meal attendance ensuring an average attendance of 65-70 people per meal.
· Follow-up with Café guests who have absented themselves from participation.
· Write and update client database contacts.
· Obtain and maintain food service certificate.
· Complete and submit incident reports in accordance with agency procedures.
· Work with the Health and Nutrition Manager to meet grant deliverables and provide vignettes as requested by the grants team.
· Promote community within Café through theme nights, group projects, and occasional events throughout the year, as able.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Learn More & Apply Now: https://www.jccchicago.org/careers/coordinator-juf-uptown-cafe/