4513 Manhattan College Parkway
Section I: Scope
Assistant Director for Graduate Admission
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Admissions, the Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions plays an integral role in helping to meet the recruitment and enrollment goals identified by the College’s Strategic Plan. The Assistant Director also serves as a primary contact for prospective student inquiries for programs within the Schools of Business, Continuing & Professional Studies, Education & Health, Engineering, and Science. The successful candidate assists in the management of the admissions database and the transmission of data into the University student information system; develops and analyzes statistical reports; and oversees the operations of the application evaluation process, ensuring that admissions decisions are rendered appropriately and in a timely fashion. Evening hours are required during certain times of the year.
Manhattan College was founded in 1853 by the Brothers of the Christian Schools, a Catholic teaching order started by Saint John Baptist de La Salle. The Lasallian mission drives our focus on quality education for all and service to our neighbors in need. Our picturesque campus is located in The Bronx, a 35-minute subway ride from the heart of Manhattan.
Section II: Responsibilities
Reports to: Director of Graduate Admissions
- Serve as the domestic recruiter by attending regional graduate recruitment programs; some international recruitment possible
- Assist with the development of the Graduate Recruitment Plan using CRM technology
- Coordinate on-campus information sessions
- Interview prospective students for the five Schools of the College for which enrollment services are provided by the Graduate Admission Office
- Evaluate credentials of prospective domestic and international applicants to the College for the Schools of Business, Continuing and Professional Studies, Education and Health, Engineering, and Science
- Prepare completed files to be forwarded to faculty committees for admission review for both traditional and online programs
- Follow up with Program Directors/Deans with respect to admission of applicants
- Oversee the admissions correspondence to applicants assuring timeliness for enrollment
- Assist in the implementation of a comprehensive communication plan
- Follow up with clerical staff to assure the timely implementation of the graduate admissions process in the aftermath of a semester’s commencement
- Identify new approaches to facilitate the graduate admission process
- Assist the Director with the coordination of on-campus yield events
Section III: Qualifications
- Required Education/Experience/Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a proactive, service-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively, handle multiple projects, prioritize work and utilize strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with the Dean, counselors, faculty, administrators, students, and alumni
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of the admissions team and the ability to develop effect short-range strategic plans
- Detail oriented and able to complete work assignments accurately in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in higher education
- Previous experience with Banner (preferable)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Hobsons CRM technology
Monday through Friday; occasional evening and weekend hours
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V
Minimum Education Required