55 West 138th Street
St. Mark the Evangelist school was established in 1912 by the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament to serve the children of Harlem. St. Mark is a K - 8th school located in Central Harlem
After a ground-breaking agreement with the Archdiocese of New York, in September 2013, St. Mark the Evangelist School joined the Partnership for Inner-City Education (“the Partnership”), a newly formed network of six Catholic elementary schools in Harlem and the South Bronx. In appreciation of the fact that Catholic schools have a proven and multi-generational legacy of helping to lift students out of poverty, the Partnership is dedicated to preserving and strengthening its six network Catholic schools so that an excellent Catholic education remains available to low-income students. The Partnership manages and supports the schools’ academics, operations, finances, and development, and leverages the power of the network by bringing all six schools together for professional development and best practice sharing. In managing its six network schools, the Partnership is committed to bringing lessons from successful public, charter, and Catholic schools to drive outstanding achievement and character results for the students it serves. To learn more about the Partnership, please visit www.partnershipnyc.org.
Part Time After-School Director
St. Mark the Evangelist School is currently seeking a Part Time After-School Director to manage the school’s comprehensive after-school program and lead and grow after-school opportunities. St. Mark School operates after-school programming that supports the following goals:
1) Support families and students through high quality homework help.
2) Provide a fun and engaging opportunity to explore new interests and ideas.
3) Build skills that support academic achievement.
4) Prepare youth to succeed in their respective school, high school, and beyond.
· Manage the daily operations of the after-school program
· Choose and coordinate appropriate mission aligned after-school activities
· Hire and manage the after-school staff
· Manage 3rd party providers of after-school activities
· Support and train all after-school staff in accordance with SACC regulations and the Partnership expectations
· Align the after-school program to the mission, goals, and culture of the day school
· Implement recruitment campaigns to increate participation in after-school programs
St. Mark the Evangelist School and the Partnership will support the After-School Director by providing professional development. The After-School Director will report to the school based Operations Manager.
Skills, Characteristics, and Experience
· Passion for education and children
· Outgoing, proactive
· Ability to work with a wide variety of people
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Creativity and resourcefulness
· Ability to work as a member of a team and take direction
· Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
· At least 2 years experience in after-school or enrichment program development
· 5 days/week
· 1:30-6:30 pm plus additional hours for professional development
· 48 weeks a year
· Hourly rate based on experience/education
· Benefits available
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume with “Part Time After-School Director” in the subject line to email@example.com