The Lawyers Trust Fund of Illinois (LTF) is hiring an Office Administrator. The Office Administrator handles a wide variety of functions related to financial operations, information management, office infrastructure, human resources, and general office administration. The Office Administrator’s role is to ensure that day-to-day operations run smoothly.
LTF is a charitable foundation that provides financial support to not-for-profit legal aid organizations based in Illinois. Legal aid is a vital social service that makes justice accessible for people who cannot afford to hire an attorney.
· Financial Management: Open, review, and organize all bills and invoices; submit bills to Executive Director for approval; pay bills as directed; deposit checks; monitor funds in administrative account and request transfers, as needed; assist Executive Director in formulating annual administrative budget; track and record income in appropriate databases; collect W9s from all contractors and consultants.
· Accounting & Audit: Serve as primary liaison to outside accountant in preparation of monthly/quarterly financial statements; reconcile administrative account in QuickBooks on a monthly basis; track expenditures for special initiatives; work with outside accountant to generate 1099s at end of each calendar year; provide information and records to auditors as needed to complete preparation of audited financial statements and IRS Form 990.
· Human Resources Support: Administer payroll account; administer and coordinate employee benefits, including insurance coverage and supplemental employee benefits; serve as principal liaison to benefit providers; ensure that new hires and contractors complete all necessary forms; assist in maintaining personnel records.
· Grants Administration: Serve as a user of LTF’s Foundant grant management system; work with other members of staff to manage the logistics of the grant-making process; create and update grant payment schedules for all grant cycles; update grantee payment information as needed; send payment confirmation letters to grantees.
· Information Management: Maintain orderly and up-to-date paper and electronic files for all aspects of LTF operations; maintain and update LTF’s corporate records; dispose of unneeded paper files in accordance with LTF record-retention policies.
· Office Systems & Equipment: Supervise and troubleshoot problems with office systems, services, and equipment, including telephones, internet, and photocopier. Research options for replacement, when needed, and serve as principal contact for vendors and service providers.
· General Administrative Support: Help unpack and organize office space following move; track and order office supplies; maintain postage and handle large-scale mailings; complete large-scale printing/copying projects; handle logistics for meetings; other administrative and general office tasks; assist other staff with administrative tasks, as needed.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
· Associates degree;
· A highly organized person with at least five years of professional experience in an administrative position with similar duties.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel;
· Proficiency in QuickBooks;
· Proficiency in Adobe software;
· Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects and to meet deadlines;
· Flexibility and willingness to assist other staff in completing a wide variety of tasks.
· Bachelor’s degree;
· Experience using Microsoft 365;
· Familiarity with Google Suites.
Salary & Benefits
The Office Administrator’s role is a full-time position, with a salary range of $48,000 - $56,000, depending on experience. The Office Administrator position offers excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), vacation time, and paid time off. LTF also makes an annual employer contribution to an employer-sponsored 401K retirement account following an initial 12-month period of employment.
The Office Administrator position is based in LTF’s office in downtown Chicago. LTF is operating on a remote-work basis due to the COVID-19 pandemic but expects to gradually re-open during the remainder of 2021 following safety precautions recommended by the CDC and state and local public health authorities. Due to in-person tasks such as receiving and sorting mail, organizing physical files, accessing key systems, and receiving training from other LTF staff, the Office Administrator will be required to work in the office at least two days a week from the beginning of their employment. The Office Administrator must be able to work independently on a remote basis at least three days a week.
About the Lawyers Trust Fund of Illinois
The Lawyers Trust Fund of Illinois is a not-for-profit foundation created in 1983 by The Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. Under Illinois Supreme Court rules, LTF administers Illinois’ Interest on Lawyer Trust Account (IOLTA) program. LTF provides grants to approximately 40 legal aid organizations each year.
The Lawyers Trust Fund of Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Individuals of all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and a one-page cover letter that addresses the qualifications listed above. Cover letters should be addressed to LTF Executive Director Mark Marquardt and sent via email to email@example.com by Friday, May 14 2021.
The Lawyers Trust Fund of Illinois (LTF) is hiring an Office Administrator. The Office Administrator handles a wide variety of functions related to financial operations, information management, office infrastructure, human resources, and…