Billing Specialist (Full-time @ 35 hrs/wk) Salary upper $50K
- Job posted by SPOP - Service Program for Older People, Inc.
Details: Salary in the upper $50k
302 West 91st Street
The Service Program for Older People, Inc. (SPOP) is an innovative geriatric behavioral health agency located in Manhattan. We are seeking to hire a full-time (35 hours / week) Billing Specialist to work with a variety of payers including Medicaid, Medicare and other Managed Care insurance in our Upper Westside location. It is ideal for a seasoned billing professional with solid experience in behavioral health claims processing and revenue cycle management.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have experience working independently to prioritize claim submission and follow-up
- Understand ICD10 diagnoses, APG, OMH modifiers and other important components of behavioral health billing to Managed Care
- Have experience billing for an Article 28 or Article 31 Mental Health Clinic
- Be well-versed in the standard steps within the revenue cycle management process
- Be familiar with NY State qualified EHR systems, experience with Foothold / AWARDS a plus
- Have experience contacting Managed Care payers to resolve claim issues as well as to communicate with Payers about any other matters pertaining to billing
- Have strong electronic claims processing knowledge
- Have above average Excel skills
- Have solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ideally experience working in a non profit
Salary in the upper $50k + excellent benefits provided.
Minimum Education Required